T6 Resale Market?

If I were you I’d sell the 5.1 now, buy a temporary run about if you need another vehicle and buy a T6 when prices drop. There will be a percentage of new campervan owners who sell up when they can fly instead.
On a more gloomy note the average persons disposable income is going to plummet once we start paying back the massive government spend, second hand vehicle prices should adjust accordingly.
Yes i agree! That’s pretty much exactly how I see it going. I’m not even sure I could justify advertising my van for what they are selling for currently. They can’t hold that value now for much longer surely.

I think Campervans are going to be hotter in 2021 than they were in 2020, the market hasn't peaked yet. I would think May would be the best time to sell.

Do talk about van prices I’ve been toying with the idea of outing mine just cause my mindset is everything is always for sale at the right price, but if I sold it what would I spend money on or relentlessly work on

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Do talk about van prices I’ve been toying with the idea of outing mine just cause my mindset is everything is always for sale at the right price, but if I sold it what would I spend money on or relentlessly work on
I’m thinking of selling and starting a new transporter project from scratch.

The issue, the way I see it presently is new orders are 14-16 weeks away, or longer for some specifications, so second hand are the only option if you can't wait. The delay waiting for the new, and off the back of the van sale boom last year has held prices strong!

The right specification stock is fetching big money, and with the price of the new T6.1 ever increasing, coupled with its popularity, and families switching to transporters as their family car, and I can't see it budging much in the future, at least not this year I don't think.

CAP prices are stronger than ever, although maybe slightly too strong in some cases, but see next few months and CAP values will be interesting. The big fleet sell off this, and almost control the market - 6 month old vans we were buying last year, have increased by approximately 20%+ in the trade.

Be an interesting few months for sure, as we are heading into the busiest period, with the end of the financial year for most business, holiday(UK based) season is just around the corner, and lots fo people with nothing to spend their money on!

The issue, the way I see it presently is new orders are 14-16 weeks away, or longer for some specifications, so second hand are the only option if you can't wait. The delay waiting for the new, and off the back of the van sale boom last year has held prices strong!

The right specification stock is fetching big money, and with the price of the new T6.1 ever increasing, coupled with its popularity, and families switching to transporters as their family car, and I can't see it budging much in the future, at least not this year I don't think.

CAP prices are stronger than ever, although maybe slightly too strong in some cases, but see next few months and CAP values will be interesting. The big fleet sell off this, and almost control the market - 6 month old vans we were buying last year, have increased by approximately 20%+ in the trade.

Be an interesting few months for sure, as we are heading into the busiest period, with the end of the financial year for most business, holiday(UK based) season is just around the corner, and lots fo people with nothing to spend their money on!
So the sensible decision seems to be sit on your hands for a few months maybe re-look at selling May time?

To be honest I don’t even want to sell my van in the slightest! I may just decide to forget about the money side of it and enjoy what I have.

Difficult when your “working base” is bumped by 20% before you even start work on it. You are best placed to surf the wave that’s coming at you though

There has to be a slump at some point though. A combination of a spike in job losses and sudden realisation that many people are in debt they can’t service, the much higher taxes that are on their way and people buying campers they don’t want any more once they can fly is going to mean that there will come a time when a lot of vans come back on the market at the same time. If you can time it right, that would be a good time to buy.

There has to be a slump at some point though. A combination of a spike in job losses and sudden realisation that many people are in debt they can’t service, the much higher taxes that are on their way and people buying campers they don’t want any more once they can fly is going to mean that there will come a time when a lot of vans come back on the market at the same time. If you can time it right, that would be a good time to buy.
That cycle is coming for sure. However, I think we are some way away from the return to “Fly for £1” days

That cycle is coming for sure. However, I think we are some way away from the return to “Fly for £1” days
They’ll never be back, it’s being able to fly at all that will have many losing interest in campsites.

They’ll never be back, it’s being able to fly at all that will have many losing interest in campsites.
I completely agree! The camping market will have a surge and will settle again. We cancelled France (camping) last year and again this year. We have floated the idea a couple of times with our boys (6 and 8) that European trips are out for a few years now.

Ideally, I’d like to see the camping powerhouses (both the clubs and the private equity backed players) use this opportunity to invest in their facilities at home. (Especially the clubs who are sitting on immorally healthy balance sheets and cash!) They have an opportunity to recover from being the “poor country cousins” to the cheap sunshine competitors who undermined them!

I completely agree! The camping market will have a surge and will settle again. We cancelled France (camping) last year and again this year. We have floated the idea a couple of times with our boys (6 and 8) that European trips are out for a few years now.

Ideally, I’d like to see the camping powerhouses (both the clubs and the private equity backed players) use this opportunity to invest in their facilities at home. (Especially the clubs who are sitting on immorally healthy balance sheets and cash!) They have an opportunity to recover from being the “poor country cousins” to the cheap sunshine competitors who undermined them!
I’ll get off my soapbox now - apologies for hijacking the thread!

Hi all,

Looking to buy my first T5 / T6

Are panel vans expensive at the moment?

I've seen a thread about campers being overpriced but not sure what I should be paying for a basic van ready to convert, and if they are overpriced at the moment

Looking at 2016 T6's. What roughly should a 2016 T28 102 with 50k cost and have prices risen since last year?

Thanks for any help. Not sure if best to wait a while or take the plunge

Welcome. It's never easy to know when to buy, I suppose it depends how much you want it and if you are prepared to wait. Prices are strong at the moment and it may be that they fall in the next 12 months but who really knows?
The sensible price for a T28 with a 102 output is........ impossible to say, sorry. It totally depends on options, condition, service history, colour, etc. Some panel vans have had a hard life, others have been pampered.
I'm no expert on camper conversions but I think it fair to say that you should think long and hard about what you are aiming to achieve, what is it you want to end up with.
For example, some people like me have twin sliding doors, great for my purpose, but possibly totally wrong for somebody who wants to carry out a conversion.
I'd decide what I want, SWB or LWB, barn doors or tailgate, that sort of thing, (the things that are difficult or impossible to change later!) then look at vans which fit your criteria.
There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on here and the search function is good, I'd spend many hours researching because you can never have too much knowledge before you buy!
Good Luck and keep us posted!

Back