T6 rear spoiler

Daz B

To cut a long story short bought a T6 just over two weeks ago within 48 hours I got clipped off a driver who damaged the rear wheel arch and goosed the rear bumper!! anyway he admitted full liability Van is booked in to get repaired all gone through and I asked garage if they could fit rear spoiler and spray (Indigo Grey) which they said they could £180 + VAT is that reasonable? also what spoiler do I go for as seen original ones circa £200 or made by others for half the price would appreciate positive feedback on this.

Cheers Daz

OEM spoiler is a really good fit (tailgate, not tried the barn door spoiler) and good quality, though the style is not to everyones taste. I wasn't keen at first, preferring the T5 style, but it has grown on me. I was lucky too, as you can buy it in Candy White.

OEM spoiler is a really good fit (tailgate, not tried the barn door spoiler) and good quality, though the style is not to everyones taste. I wasn't keen at first, preferring the T5 style, but it has grown on me. I was lucky too, as you can buy it in Candy White.
Must add its a Barn door and thanks for reply Dave ;-)

Prices for bodywork and paintwork varies greatly in my experience, but that's not an unreasonable price to prep, paint and fit a rear spoiler.
Compare that with all the work I recently had done on my T6, where I had all the plastics Gloss Blacked. This is a pretty involved job, with a lot of hours stripping the parts off, prep, and paint in the booth, and this will cost £700 plus VAT by my bodyshop. (it didn't cost me that, because I did all the removal and prep work)
I guess it's only when we add the VAT element that it looks expensive, but sadly that's unavoidable if you use reputable businesses.

@Daz B i bought a fibreglass barn door spoiler for the T5 I had before the T6. The fit wasn't brilliant and I also spent hours filling in imperfections and sanding. I ended up spraying it myself using rattle cans (off road metallic grey), took me hours, but looked good in the end. Wish I bought OEM in the first place though.

I've just had a tailgate spoiler painted at a local paintshop, cost me £100, I'll fit it myself but the owner commented on how good the quality of the spoiler was .. it's OEM

OEM definitely, for a relatively small difference in price verses looking at the possibility of a not so good fit and years of regret every time you see it. I would pay for OEM and not take the chance.

Hopefully picking mine up tomorrow from Breeze, gone with the oem black to put on an iridium grey.

Back