T6 not turning over [Resolved]

Higgi84

Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to a T6 (only had mine a couple of months). Everything was fine with the van until last Wednesday when I went to drive home the van wouldn't even turn over. The engine light is on permanently and as soon as I try and turn the van over the glow plugs warming light starts to flash. I've bought a code reader but its showing no fault code on the ecu. Has anyone had a similar issue? I'm hopingitsan easy fix. Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Cheers for all the replies, it turned out to be a broken switched live at the starter motor. Think I'll be looking for a better code reader though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and also new to a T6 (only had mine a couple of months). Everything was fine with the van until last Wednesday when I went to drive home the van wouldn't even turn over. The engine light is on permanently and as soon as I try and turn the van over the glow plugs warming light starts to flash. I've bought a code reader but its showing no fault code on the ecu. Has anyone had a similar issue? I'm hopingitsan easy fix. Any advice would be massively appreciated.
Battery dead?

5a immobiliser fuse gone, top of fuse box..

5a immobiliser fuse gone, top of fuse box..
Just checking all the fuses now but they are all OK. I've had the battery disconnected over night so I'll connect it back up and see if it's cleared anything

Just checking all the fuses now but they are all OK. I've had the battery disconnected over night so I'll connect it back up and see if it's cleared anything
Still not turning over. Could a DPF issue stop the van from turning over?

I would not have thought so, running out of Adblue can result in a no start situation but I'd have thought it would have given you several warnings that it was low.
Just a thought, when you say no start, does the starter engage and try to turn over but the engine just doesn't move? Could it be hydrolocked? check coolant level has not dropped, and oil level has not risen, further attempts to start the engine with a hydrolocked cylinder could result in bent rods and a big bill.

I would not have thought so, running out of Adblue can result in a no start situation but I'd have thought it would have given you several warnings that it was low.
Just a thought, when you say no start, does the starter engage and try to turn over but the engine just doesn't move? Could it be hydrolocked? check coolant level has not dropped, and oil level has not risen, further attempts to start the engine with a hydrolocked cylinder could result in bent rods and a big bill.
No it doesn't even try to turn over. I'm swaying more to a DPF fault but there's been no warning lights before it wouldn't start. I think the code reader I've bought may just be too basic and not picking up any exhaust faults. I think it'll either be a mobile mechanic call out or getting towed to a garage and seeing what happens.

Need to do some basic fault finding.
start with the main terminals and the earth strap from the chassis to the engine (cam belt end)

Back