Sold T6 LED Tailgate Rear Lights - Standard Tint - REDUCED FURTHER to £150 Delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxoboy

VIP Member
T6 Guru
A pair of genuine LED rear lights, these will only fit vehicles with a tailgate.

Fitting these to a van with standard halogen lights will require a plug swap/loom adapter (not included). Very good condition, apart from a small chip on the bottom of the passenger side lamp, as seen in the photo. I chose not to fit these and went with THQ's sequential versions instead.

2020-06-15 18.13.48.jpg2020-06-15 18.13.58.jpg2020-06-15 18.14.13.jpg2020-06-15 18.14.25.jpg2020-06-15 18.14.37.jpg2020-06-15 18.14.42.jpg2020-06-15 18.14.57.jpg2020-06-15 18.15.00.jpgPuddle Light Kit.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Looking for £200 including postage ono, however, if £200 is reached I will throw in a pair of puddle lights (last picture) and instructions too.....now there's an opportunity for a bargain....

Stay safe.....Matt

Last edited:
Price reduction......free puddle lights still part of the deal...…£175

Possibly because buying a cable loom for this conversion includes a set of lights!
:eek:

Ha ha, sorry mate, I looked and the only way, it appears, to buy a conversion light loom is to buy a set of lights. Hence, buy lights for £a lot and get the loom, or, buy an expensive loom and get free lights! :-D

Or for the price of a box of beer....you could buy the connector @Littleblackflash used and its a nice cheap mod :)

I’m converting my van from barn doors to a tailgate which means I need to change my tail lights. This is how I changed mine to LED lights.

Removing the lights is simply 2 screws but the wiring plug is different. You don’t need to crimp or cut any wires to make the conversion.
Start my removing the wires from your existing plug. To do this you’ll need to slide the purple locking gate to enable the pins to be extracted.
View attachment 28443

To remove the wires, you need a release tool which I didn’t have. I used a 2mm Allen key to release each tab. If you pull the wire lightly, you can feel when the tab is pressed in each side.
View attachment 28444

You’ll need a new connector housing which you can get on eBay or places like here.
6 Way Vw/Bosch Male Connector (Large) | Automotive Connectors | Simtek (Uk) Ltd

Again, to get the wires in, you need to move the lock plate on the new connector.
View attachment 28445

Note each plug has very small numbers showing the pin position.
View attachment 28446

So simply remove all the wires from the old plug and insert them into the correct hole in the new plug. Slide the purple gate across to lock all the pins in. Connect it to your new light and test it.

Here is my pinning data for a 65plate T6 highine for the wire position on the old plug and the new one.

LH light

Old pos. colour. Function. New pos.

1 Black red brake light 6
2 Black white indicator new 3
3 Brown. earth 4
4 grey black side lights new 1
5 green:black reverse light 5
6 not used (fog light)
*If you connect pin 2 on the new plug to pin2 right hand light, the fog light would work on both sides.

Rh light

1 black red brake 1
2 black green indicator 4
3 brown earth 3
4 grey red side light. 6
5 green black reverse 5
6 Grey white Fog light 2

Job done. Time to clean van.

View attachment 28451

just need to swap the plugs to connect them up which are around £15 depending where you get them, or you can fit the extra couple wires and activate the additional fog/reverse light, i can do the plugs with the extra wire pre made and some printed instructions for an additional tenner
Send me a pm and let me know if you want either option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back