T6 Kombi - Second battery with cut-off relay - what's included

covbuggy

Hi all,

Just ordered by highline kombi. I have gone for the second battery option with the cut-off relay. Just wondered if anyone has this option to understand what is included and how it works.

Does the battery power the electrics while the engine if off such as 12v sockets, stereo and lights?

Regards,
Gary

Yep, its under passenger seat on mine and feeds everything inside the van.
Not been anywhere near running it flat yet even after a day's hard use, not sure what rating it is though, not looked.

Yep, its under passenger seat on mine and feeds everything inside the van.
Not been anywhere near running it flat yet even after a day's hard use, not sure what rating it is though, not looked.
Cheers, that's good news. I was told by the dealer that these are 85AH

85 sounds about right, i know some people converting change these to 100+ Ah batteries for a bit more capacity

If it is the same as the T5.1 then everything doesn't include the head unit.

For T5.1 it was described as a "leisure battery" but for T6 it is described as a "second battery" so is there a difference?

The spec for T5.1 was 80Ah AGM with the added bonus of an uprated alternator. We changed the battery for 110Ah but it was a tight squeeze and we had to modify the fitting and lay the battery on its side.

Any advice on capacity and what's included before ours arrives would be useful.

I've got a second battery factory fitted, it came with the auxiliary heater. But other than allowing the heater to run, I haven't got a clue if it does anything else, and neither did the dealer.
I guess I ought to disconnect the main battery, and see what (if anything) still works

Not a clue. It is covered by a think rubberised 5 sided cover, and it seems that you would need to take the front seat out to remove the cover. I checked the spec sheet and no mention there either. I am taking it to absolut5/6 soon for a speaker upgrade and inverter 12v/240v sockets from the 2nd battery, so I will know then.

Back