T6 Kombi furniture with 2 rear factory seats

jonathan123

Folks, Can anyone tell me if the following is possible.
I have a Kombi with the 2/1 rear seats split. We have 2 young children so want to leave the 2 seats in place and remove the single seat which is on the left. All furniture kits seem to be designed to run up the right hand side of the van, is there anyone that makes a furniture kit that goes up the left side?
I realize that with the 2 fixed rear seats in place, it may restrict some of the furniture but I think we could live with what it would restrict rather than going to the expense of installing a rock n roll bed. We don't need the van to have a bed system and we want the boot area to remain available for our dogs. Any help would be great, cheers

With the 2 seater in place and furniture where the single was you'll not be able to get past it into the rear of the van - what do you want the furniture to do? Also think about it partially blocking the sliding door access in that position.

Vangear do a series of pods that might be what you need?

2C3950DD-79CD-4FC9-8740-39EC218A0780.jpg

In my previous van I built something similar myself and it had sink, hob, water tanks etc - I didn’t actually use it as much as I thought I would. So, in my current van I am also looking again at furniture - however we only use the van as a base on day trips or to have lunch and with a 240v camping kettle and takeaway food there is no need for the sink/hob but I do need the storage and somewhere to mount my rear speakers. My point being think about your use case/need rather than just buying what everyone else does.

F6059166-2407-4D0C-97E6-64BFF0136AB2.jpeg

B223CC1E-F1BB-4CE5-8446-43296CB8A7F9.jpeg

7F1F0954-3019-4352-BD04-3CF546642C08.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment @t6blo , we will only use the van the same as you guys for day trips so the sink isnt a must but we would like a fridge in place and a surface worktop area and some storage and with that in mind i cant find a pod with a fridge that would be suited to sit on the left side of the van ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another option might be to get a single middle shuttle seat / extra floor brackets to go with your existing LHS seat, which would leave the RHS clear and still give access to the back from the sliding door.

We’re in a similar situation needing 4 seats in the van so I’m thinking of a U shaped design with the long run on the RHS. We also dont want any unit too high next to passengers that would be a hard edge to hit in an accident.

Back