T6 highline upgrades

Bryan Burgh

Hi all what best upgrades
1. Thinking of remap 102 at mo
2. Thinking off head unit upgrade
3. What's with the bilsten springs? Really make a differance?
4. Split charge under seat leisure battery?
Any advise on the above appreciated

Suspension upgrade is usually money well spent as if you choose the correct option it will transform the driveabilty of the van.

'Bilstein springs' alone isn't the answer though...

Suspension upgrade is usually money well spent as if you choose the correct option it will transform the driveabilty of the van.

'Bilstein springs' alone isn't the answer though...
Would love to hear your recommendations. I've just bought 2017 T6 Kombi - it's going in for sound deadening, lining, electrics, swivels and fixed bed soon. I want to drive to the Alps for some long weekend snowboarding trips & the mountains in the summer for hiking. A lot of people talk about lowering but I'm not sure that would be right for me. Would love to hear any advice you can give. Thank you very much

Would love to hear your recommendations. I've just bought 2017 T6 Kombi - it's going in for sound deadening, lining, electrics, swivels and fixed bed soon. I want to drive to the Alps for some long weekend snowboarding trips & the mountains in the summer for hiking. A lot of people talk about lowering but I'm not sure that would be right for me. Would love to hear any advice you can give. Thank you very much

a convo with @CRS Performance is a good start

Diesel heater would be useful addition if your in the Alps quite a bit....

If you have an underslung water tank, then consider winterising it as well...

With a subtle 40mm drop and Koni's fitted you'll love the way the van eats up the tarmac when you put all those miles in to get over there... Its a good compromise...not too low and still practical for a little bit of rougher terrain... but yes, only you can decide if its right for you... Choosing the right tyres for the Alpine conditions and terrain will be an important consideration.

Diesel heater would be useful addition if your in the Alps quite a bit....

If you have an underslung water tank, then consider winterising it as well...

With a subtle 40mm drop and Koni's fitted you'll love the way the van eats up the tarmac when you put all those miles in to get over there... Its a good compromise...not too low and still practical for a little bit of rougher terrain... but yes, only you can decide if its right for you... Choosing the right tyres for the Alpine conditions and terrain will be an important consideration.
Fabulous. Thank you very much. Webasto heater is on the list with the electrics in a couple of weeks. Was just planning on carrying large water containers in van. Thank you very much for recommendation - looking at Koni's now

If you decide on the Koni's then Steve at @CRS Performance will be able to advise you best.

There's a lot of forum members who have used him including myself... he's one of the good guys... and its a very good product for a subtle drop which will provide much improved comfort and road handling... worth its salt on very long drives.

I can't comment on Webasto or 2D planar heaters... I have an Eberspacher and i'm very pleased with it... but they all get pretty good reviews...

Take your time on the planning stage... its such an important stage to try and get it right and cover all bases for your intended use...

Space inside the van is a premium... So it can be useful fitting underslung items such as gas and water...
I have a 70 litre underslung water tank... I couldn't imagine trying to store that amount of water inside the van.

Good luck and enjoy the journey..!

If you decide on the Koni's then Steve at @CRS Performance will be able to advise you best.

There's a lot of forum members who have used him including myself... he's one of the good guys... and its a very good product for a subtle drop which will provide much improved comfort and road handling... worth its salt on very long drives.

I can't comment on Webasto or 2D planar heaters... I have an Eberspacher and i'm very pleased with it... but they all get pretty good reviews...

Take your time on the planning stage... its such an important stage to try and get it right and cover all bases for your intended use...

Space inside the van is a premium... So it can be useful fitting underslung items such as gas and water...
I have a 70 litre underslung water tank... I couldn't imagine trying to store that amount of water inside the van.

Good luck and enjoy the journey..!
Thank you very much. Just spoke to Steve and going to try to get to him this week. Now having a look at water tanks!

Hi all what best upgrades
1. Thinking of remap 102 at mo
2. Thinking off head unit upgrade
3. What's with the bilsten springs? Really make a differance?
4. Split charge under seat leisure battery?
Any advise on the above appreciated

1. Only map your engine if Euro 5. Euro6 102’s have weak turbos and fail, even as standard vans.
2. Lots of options out there - maybe start off looking at the VW specific kenwood unit, although not the cheapest. Decent Apple car play units would be my choice and available for well under £500, and give you the most flexibility
3. Suspension wise there are many very good options available and we are a dealer for all of them. Try and drive what you are buying first. We are removing a lot of suspension lately and replacing with a better setup because what they’ve had fitted they’ve been told it’s the best, and it isn’t. Alignment is critical when lowering or making any suspension medications, don’t be told any different. We have a hunter Elite so your vehicle will be spot on when finished. And please don’t go for a kit that has to be adapted to fit- there are some horrors out there
If you can afford to stay away from springs only, then a full kit will be the best money you spend on a vehicle, and getting bang for buck value, and will make the biggest difference to how your vehicle drives. If you have to go spring along then there are some ‘best fit’ options - we would recommend H&R -40mm.
4. split charge is a great option and give lots of flexibility, dependant on what you need it for. You can also run a invertor off it , as well as all your rear lighting and power.

As you can see we can advise and ‘supply only’ or ‘supply and fit’ all of the above and give the correct advise where to spend and where not to spend your money.

Let Me know if we can be of any further assistance

HTH

Back