T6 fire. Gone to the car gods.

Mattie77

Well Black Betty has gone to the car gods.

Coming home from date night our T6 Multivan decided to self combust.

Driving along and we smelt something burning within a minute we had smoke pouring out of the left side of the dash and then flames. We copped a fair bit of smoke

We pulled over and jumped out, called 000 and there was nothing we could do bit watch it burn.

Within 5 minutes she was well alight. Took the fire brigade 10 minutes to arrive, before it was out we were already on the way to hospital in the Ambulance.

The wife and I spent the night in hospital under observation on 100% O2.

We are ok. Feel like I smoked a carton of ciggies. (we haven't smoked in 8 years)

20231118_231941.jpg

20231120_122730.jpg

20231120_123104.jpg

20231120_122912.jpg

20231120_122815.jpg

20231120_123000.jpg

20231120_122857.jpg

Thank god you are still alive to tell the tale. That must've been quite a sobering moment to go back and see it like that ^

Glad you are ok

Just goes to show when a fire gets hold how quickly it destroys a vehicle. Frightening

whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !! - (copy from other post, linked below)

what happened?

T6`s don't normally just catch fire?

what was the van spec?

did you have a 12v leisure system?

++++++++++

the lower left side of the dash is normally where people take the dc feed from the battery through the firewall.. . . did you have a 12v system? - cabled and fused correctly?

++++++++++

Thank god you are still alive to tell the tale. That must've been quite a sobering moment to go back and see it like that ^
Yeah honestly I would have thought the whole car was torched considering the flames.

The wife didn't want to come see it. I had to go have a look for a bit of closure.

The whole thing is pretty surreal.

At the end of the day we have no injuries just a bit of a cough. Cars can be replaced. Definitely not something that I want to experience again that's for sure.

Yeah honestly I would have thought the whole car was torched considering the flames.

The wife didn't want to come see it. I had to go have a look for a bit of closure.

The whole thing is pretty surreal.

At the end of the day we have no injuries just a bit of a cough. Cars can be replaced. Definitely not something that I want to experience again that's for sure.
Exactly that mate. Lives can't be replaced but cars/vans can. Have you thought about what to replace it with? I.E has it put you off T6's?

Back