T6 Euro 13 pin Plug

If it doesnt have a towbar then the answer is no, generally VW dont put any wiring in that wasnt specced/ordered so unless someone paid for towbar prep when ordering then there wont be any cabling for it

A dodgy edit of your pic (done on my phone!)

What I have circled in yellow is your 13-pin outlet.

What I have circled in red is an external plug into that socket….it may be powering a lighting board or something, I can’t see.

What I’ve circled in green is how the dust cap to the socket (yellow) holds the alignment plate from the plug (red)…..helps prevent the plug from vibrating loose.

All you need to do is lift that dust cap, then twist and pull the plug to disengage them.

I hope this helps. I’d be interested to know what is plugged into the socket.

IMG_4951.jpeg

That looks like a European 13pin tucked out of the way with an Australian adaptor added to it.

Which given there are a couple of physical trailer connector standards in Australia would make sense - also saves VW from having to make a number of different looks, just make one and some adapters (actually I suspect the adapter is an off the shelf Westfalia part)

A dodgy edit of your pic (done on my phone!)

What I have circled in yellow is your 13-pin outlet.

What I have circled in red is an external plug into that socket….it may be powering a lighting board or something, I can’t see.

What I’ve circled in green is how the dust cap to the socket (yellow) holds the alignment plate from the plug (red)…..helps prevent the plug from vibrating loose.

All you need to do is lift that dust cap, then twist and pull the plug to disengage them.

I hope this helps. I’d be interested to know what is plugged into the socket.

View attachment 237084
Thanks Jog
The only thing that is plugged into the 13 Pin Euro Plug (yellow Now that you have confirmed that it is the Euro Plug) is my standard 7pin trailer plug which you can see to the left of your yellow marker, this is what we here in New Zealand use for our standard trailers.
I am wanting to tow a Deftleffs Caravan which uses the 13pin Euro Plug
So what I am getting form this is I need to remove the adaptor and replace it with the appropriate 13 pin plug
Thanks for your help.

That looks like a European 13pin tucked out of the way with an Australian adaptor added to it.

Which given there are a couple of physical trailer connector standards in Australia would make sense - also saves VW from having to make a number of different looks, just make one and some adapters (actually I suspect the adapter is an off the shelf Westfalia part)
Thanks Roadtripper
Yes you are almost correct the adapter is for a standard 7pin trailer plug we use here in New Zealand, see reply post to Jog.
Thanks for the reply

Sorry, from here in the UK Australia and New Zealand seem the same place!

Your issue may not just be the physical connector but also the behaviour.

If you are wanting to tow a caravan with 13 pin socket and European wiring you may have to change the coding on the van. Some of the lines change use in different regions. I know we've debugged a coding issue where the van was behaving as Australian usage so pins that are lights in EU were brake signals.

I don't think you need to replace anything, I'm 99% certain that's a 13 pin socket you have just with the adaptor, only thing you might need for ease of use is to.move the socket or add a short convenient extension - but you should be able to unplug your adaptor and do a test as is?

Thanks Roadtripper
Yes most people get Australia and NZ mixed up (Distant Cousins)
Thanks for the explanation, yes I will able to get a 13pin male and female plug and get it wired to suit the length I need, then also get an adapter 13pin to 7 pin flat to power my trailer, like you say I will test it to make sure the pin is wired for the caravan but I'm sure the wiring diagram that is similar world wide should work.
Thanks very much for your help

Back