T6 Electrical issues

ninja_badgers

Hi,

My T6 is a little unhappy at the moment. The problem looks electrical. Randomly different systems are breaking whilst driving it. The media player restarts frequently displaying the “Don’t forget your phone message”. The MFD displays “Start Stop Error” and randomly different warning lights will be lit up on the dashboard. All warning lights clear on a restart of the engine.

The critical one however, is the engine loses power suddenly. If you put your foot down to compensate then the “Fault in the EMS” light comes on and the engine goes into Limp mode. Again clears up if you restart the engine.

I read the OBD2 and it displays the error P0606

Any ideas?

Hi,

My T6 is a little unhappy at the moment. The problem looks electrical. Randomly different systems are breaking whilst driving it. The media player restarts frequently displaying the “Don’t forget your phone message”. The MFD displays “Start Stop Error” and randomly different warning lights will be lit up on the dashboard. All warning lights clear on a restart of the engine.

The critical one however, is the engine loses power suddenly. If you put your foot down to compensate then the “Fault in the EMS” light comes on and the engine goes into Limp mode. Again clears up if you restart the engine.

I read the OBD2 and it displays the error P0606

Any ideas?

16990425EP0606 Control unit defective

Wiring issue?
Rodent damage?
Bad earth to a module?

I spoke to a garage who said they would suspect it was a bad wiring issue but the guy said he couldn't take the Van until December cause he is fully booked up. So took it to a different garage and this is where the saga starts.

They told me it needed a new ECU as the old one was busted. I asked them if they checked the wiring and they said it was fine. So they replaced the ECU but the problem persisted. They replaced the fuel injectors and it persisted. Finally they say that they needed to change the positive wiring to the ECU and that fixed it.

Now I have a bill for £4k which I wondering if I should disupt any of it. I am not if I should pay for an ECU & fuel injectors if that didn't fix the issue but the wire fix at the end did. Of course, I can't prove that the other items weren't faulty. Just a little skeptical really.

A tough one but ask them for the old parts as they are your property, if they don’t have them I’d be suspicious.
If the injectors were at fault they should at least be able to show you a report showing the parameters that failed test.

So we did pay. I got the old parts they replace. But as for the fuel injectors, they didn't give us a report or have one when I asked. I might get these tested if I can arrange it.

Back