T6 electric rack ( bcm canbus help)

Power ut

RSQ3 engined
VIP Member
T6 Guru
T6 electric rack. Any one know which canbus pins are used. From the bcm As there’s a few from bcm. I assume it’s not hvac as there differnert colour

IMG_3450.jpeg

have a look through these . . . you might find what you are looking for?

rack is powered but no canbus is wired. To it
As there’s a few sorted bcm canbus pins

IMG_3450.jpeg

On a T6 CAN-BUS network there is no electric power steering thus no associated control module.
Screenshot_20230830_211028_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230830_211218_Samsung Notes.jpg

On some other PQ25 vehicles(UP!) with electric power steering, the EPS controller (J500) is connected to the POWERTRAIN/DRIVETRAIN CAN-BUS.

Screenshot_20230830_215216_Samsung Notes.jpg

On a T6 it would be ORANGE/BLACK for CAN HIGH and ORANGE/BROWN for CAN LOW.
But again, MQB CAN-BUS speed and frame sizes are different and not compatible with a PQ.

On a T6 CAN-BUS network there is no electric power steering thus no associated control module.
View attachment 211681
View attachment 211682

On some other PQ25 vehicles(UP!) with electric power steering, the EPS controller (J500) is connected to the POWERTRAIN/DRIVETRAIN CAN-BUS.

View attachment 211683

On a T6 it would be ORANGE/BLACK for CAN HIGH and ORANGE/BROWN for CAN LOW.
But again, MQB CAN-BUS speed and frame sizes are different and not compatible with a PQ.
Cricky confuseing. So this t6.1 rack I carnt conect it to the 087p bcm for it to wake up ? ( as I’m not really up on it ( or unless u mean I need a differnert bcm?

T6.1 EPS rack doesn't need to be connected to the CAN-BUS to be wakened up.

I tried with terminal 30 and 31 only and power steering works after completing the full clockwise and full anticlockwise rotation cycle.
Without terminal 15 the steering rack goes into permanent sleep mode.
So 15 is required to keep Power Steering Unit alive.

T6.1 EPS rack doesn't need to be connected to the CAN-BUS to be wakened up.
But issuise is everytime I turn igition on I have to turn steering fully left then right to activate rack,? I assumed canbus. Made it wake up so it worked as normal ?

If you connect SIG15 to your ignition switch and 31 & 30 to permanent supply it will work as expected.
If I put sig 15 to constant stays powered , if I pop it switched igition it loses steering till I move steering fully left to right , then comes active again ?so not sure what issuise is or how I can stop it from doing it everytime I switch igition off

Have you checked this?
I’ve never seen it is this the steering rack module itself ( ?) if so so how do I access it if there’s no canbus robert( sorry as it’s a bit off a conversion with having a rs3 engine in a old t5 van

MQB steering rack communicates via Can bus only with MQB platform! if you can sniff the Can bus of PQ, you will realize that most of the message (which is in MQB) is missing from PQ! therefore, a direct connection to the bcm PQ does not make any sense. the only option is to create a Can adapter. also @Robert absolutely rightly mentioned that the rail can be started in the absence of the Can bus (but unfortunately this will only be an emergency operation)

and by the way! and your donor in the form of RS Q3 exactly MQB? What year is the car and what is the steering rack number?

Deep down the rabbit hole this one.

and by the way! and your donor in the form of RS Q3 exactly MQB? What year is the car and what is the steering rack number?
Affraid I’m still no wiser with the technical terms , all I wanted to know can I use t6.1 rack canbus to 087p bcm ? The audi engine was the early ctsa /

Back