T6 dog tailgate - advice appreciated

Jonessa

Hi I’m a newbie with a T6 that I’ve had for a couple of years. I have 2 large dogs and I want to get a tailgate so I can leave the back open and the dogs will have fresh air but not escape. They do not need crates and 2 crates that fit them will not fit in behind the seats. Does anyone have examples of where they have had a good tailgate fitted please? Thank you

Hello @Jonessa ,we have this for our two bulldogs,not sure how big your dogs are but you could get two bigger dogs than ours in it. The cage was originally bigger and it used to just squeeze between the wheel arches but when we had the slide out tray fitted,we had the cage reduced a bit to fit the tray. The cage is a Crufts Freedom Play Pen and it fits comfortably behind the Kombi seats that we had before fitting the Caravelle floor and seats,hope this helpsIMG_1030.JPGIMG_1031.JPGIMG_1033.JPG

That looks really good. Does it have a lid? I don’t need a lid. My dogs are very tall (2 large greyhounds 36kg each) so I couldn’t have the back section. Where did you have it made please?

No it doesnt have a lid,the cage was just bought online from a place called Croft i think. It just slots together on the corners too so its quick and easy to put up and take down/remove. Was it the cage you meant?

For sale. £40072E4ED62-E16E-4CFD-99FC-733E1B258696.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s custom made aluminium and stainless steel. Fits with Kim I seats in.

It really depends on your needs and how the dogs behave. My first pair of dogs were so good, I could have strung a cotton thread across the opening and they wouldn’t pass it. (Not quite true....if something small and furry went by, the hunter in them came to the fore!)

However, my current pair are definitely Houdini in spirit.....I reckon they’d get out of Fort Knox...but they are still young.

I find a long lead threaded through the rear headrest pillar is enough. I have seen mosquito netting (a very stiff version) that was cut to the size and shape of the rear opening. This was edged and had Velcro fasteners. When the pups calm down, I might go down this route.

Back