T6 Clutch Problem

Tony Shotgun

Hi guys

I brought a T6 VW Transporter 204 BiTurbo from SMG Croydon 2 years ago end of this month.

It's been in the garage since Monday for exhaust fumes in the cabin. One bloke said it could be the rubber hose connected yo the exhaust.

I Aldo mentioned that when the vans cold, the first gear is stiff.

I get a call today following a text to authorise works to be carried out on the clutch and gear box oil.

I have done 31750 miles in just under 2 years and they want to charge me £1299 for repairs to the above clutch and gear box.

Are they having a giraffe or trying to do me over.

My last two transporters did over 125000 miles and I never had to replace their clutch.

I love the transporters. Best van I ever drove but if I get lumbered with this nonsense I'm walking away.

I've gone all out with this van £45,000 later.

Has anyone else suffered with the same experience.

Aldo the service department are crap

if youve had it for 2yrs . . . is it not out of warranty?

exhaust fumes in the cabin is normally down to a cracked hose under the bonnet (did you hear a slight whistle when accelerating?) (cheapish fix)

if the clutch issue is only when cold on first gear . . . . what is the issue? cant put it in gear? crunches? jumps out?

and what exactly was the £1299 quote for? - are they saying new clutch pack and gearbox oil/filter service? (plus the exhaust leak?)

Hi guys

I brought a T6 VW Transporter 204 BiTurbo from SMG Croydon 2 years ago end of this month.

It's been in the garage since Monday for exhaust fumes in the cabin. One bloke said it could be the rubber hose connected yo the exhaust.

I Aldo mentioned that when the vans cold, the first gear is stiff.

I get a call today following a text to authorise works to be carried out on the clutch and gear box oil.

I have done 31750 miles in just under 2 years and they want to charge me £1299 for repairs to the above clutch and gear box.

Are they having a giraffe or trying to do me over.

My last two transporters did over 125000 miles and I never had to replace their clutch.

I love the transporters. Best van I ever drove but if I get lumbered with this nonsense I'm walking away.

I've gone all out with this van £45,000 later.

Has anyone else suffered with the same experience.

Aldo the service department are crap
Try speaking with Peter Price. He one of the owners. I’ve bought a couple if vans from him. My T6 I bought from him ex demo in Jan 17 is best van I’ve ever had. Just made 55k. Cant answer for servicing there as too far away from me but always get good service at Camberley Van Center

Back