T6.1 When to use Adaptive Cruise Control with DSG

meri_gadi

Hi Everyone,

I have been lately getting some errors with the ACC while using it around town. Would drive up to the lights, van would stop, I would take over the brakes, when the lights open you just continue the journey. Sometimes when you press the brakes it would throw an error. Have to park up, turn off and on to restart he system. I asked the Northampton main dealer to look at them but the guy booking the car in refused to have it looked at. He said that I shouldn't be using and relying on it around the town. I do like using it around the town whenever I can get a chance. Makes driving easier, especially in start stop traffic. He said that it should only be used on the motorways.

Now my question is that, am I only to use the system on the motorway? Why have a safety system that I can't use around town. Was the dealer correct in saying not to use it around town.

Thanks everyone

Mine works perfectly in town, its perfect too as most urban areas around here are now 20mph limit. It does sound like there is an issue with yours.

@meri_gadi - There is conflicting information on the VW sites.... maybe why your dealer is confused too.

It seems some poeple use it around town... and if you read from the 'Safe distance technology' section here it explains it,,,

It could be you need to go armed with some information back to the dealer... :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone,

I have been lately getting some errors with the ACC while using it around town. Would drive up to the lights, van would stop, I would take over the brakes, when the lights open you just continue the journey. Sometimes when you press the brakes it would throw an error. Have to park up, turn off and on to restart he system. I asked the Northampton main dealer to look at them but the guy booking the car in refused to have it looked at. He said that I shouldn't be using and relying on it around the town. I do like using it around the town whenever I can get a chance. Makes driving easier, especially in start stop traffic. He said that it should only be used on the motorways.

Now my question is that, am I only to use the system on the motorway? Why have a safety system that I can't use around town. Was the dealer correct in saying not to use it around town.

Thanks everyone

Regularly use it around town and it works absolutely fine and on motorways as well. As mmi says, a pic of the exact error would be helpful.

The only time it has given me an error has been on the southbound contraflow lane on the M6 near Stoke-on-trent. Twice at the same location (about half a mile or so into the contraflow) Error "ACC Not Available". There are a few other users who have experienced the same error at exactly the same place and therefore the error has been attributed to possible radio interference or something similar. The only way to reset it is - stop at the next services, switch off and then on. Then everything works fine.

It is one of the best systems to use in town with DSG. 100% agree with that.

Back