T6.1 USB-C Port not working

Molldog

T6 Guru
New van day yesterday.
On the drive home I had cause to plug in my phone for a charge up on my T6.1.
I bought a couple of adaptors to allow me to plug a straight forward USB plug into the USB-C socket.
Disappointed to find that only one of them appeared to be working!
Could this be a fuse problem or are they both protected by the same fuse?
Any pointers would be most welcome as it's a bit of a trek to rectify what is surely a simple problem?

Anybody had this issue with their T6.1?
Also find infotatainment screen sometimes flickers with what looks like an interference line about 1/4 of the way from the bottom of the screen????

No issues with mine but i have used apple usb c leads as I think i read somewhere that adapter’s and cheap lead’s have caused problems.

Have you checked the fuses?
could anyone point me to the correct location of said fuse?
I have read somewhere that the head unit and usb ports are connected in some way (power?)
The interference line on the head unit only seems aparent with the ignition switched on, ie engine not running.
Worth getting VW to look at it?

could anyone point me to the correct location of said fuse?
I have read somewhere that the head unit and usb ports are connected in some way (power?)
The interference line on the head unit only seems aparent with the ignition switched on, ie engine not running.
Worth getting VW to look at it?
Fuses on a 6.1 are under the light switch.
re the interference, has it had aftermarket LEDs fitted at all?

Seems to struggle when both ports are charging items.
Usually have the iPhone plugged in for sat nav use. When the Mrs uses a Samsung type lead into the 2nd usb it's a bit hit and miss.
Makes me wonder if the 2nd port has a dodgy connection???

On my T6.1 (new 02.2021), the 2 USB-C worked for a while. Since begining of this year, I can sometimes not charge my S20FE. I thought it was the cable. I changed the cable, We saw that if two device S20FE are connected at the same time, one only is charging. On the screen, I can see during a few seconds "USB1: default" (or USB2). So we are not able to charge one or two phones on the 2 USB-C... Bought a 12V USB Charger, ou plug a 220V Charger under the seat. But I think it's not normal and will bring the Cali to VW Office to solve this problem. I didn't find any description about the power of these two USB-C port. I found this as an illustration of the poor quality of the T6.1 for all about the entertainment system, as well as for the documentation (exemple : fuse schema not available).

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Both my USB c ports aren't working, I think it was a dodgy cable. I've read so many comments but still cannot locate where the fuses are

Is there a diagram somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my USB c ports aren't working, I think it was a dodgy cable. I've read so many comments but still cannot locate where the fuses are

Is there a diagram somewhere?
Downloads area for VIP members.
31CF3E33-5A2A-4110-8648-FFFC0242577A.jpeg

Both my front USBC points in. my T6.1 (year 2000) used to consistently charge my iphone and over the last few months have been really hit or miss. More annoyingly they don't bring up Apple Car Play so navigation is an issue. I have changed cables, reset Apple car play countless times and rebooted the info system. I've check all the fuses and they all appear fine. I'm still not sure which fuse is for the USBC and have hunted the internet high a low. I'm still under warranty so I think the best solution is to book in with VW. It's really weird because sometimes they work so I'm not sure if it can be a fuse. Here's a pic of my fuse card. Does anyone know which fuse is associated with the USBC's?

IMG_0074.jpg

For yours, try fuse 15 10A

T6.1-Fuses labeled.png
see attached: This and other resources are available in the Downloads area for VIP Members ;)

Attachments

• Fuse Holder C_Final.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hello,

My first post, so please be kind.

I have a 2020 T6 (maybe T6.1). I bought it second hand recently. One of the 2x USB C sockets near the 12V socket does not work as I expect (USB1) ; no charging and only one USB ports shows up on the head unit (USB2, when my phone is plugged into the working port). When the phone is plugged into the non working socket no ports does show up on the head unit. The working socket is the one with the cable in it in this photo:
1709570222157.png

I checked the fuse shown in this photo below (it was fine).
1709570446016.png
I read on these forums that this could be a cause. But it seems it is not my issue.
The faulty port is pressed down through the hole it lives in. Perhaps this is related. I plan of fixing this when my trim tools arrive from ebay.

Android auto works well over USB2.

Has anyone else had this charging/connection issue? And if so, did you manage to fix it? If so how? All inputs gratefully received.

Thanks

Geoff

Check with Carista that the USB hasn't been disabled.
Can't help you with the wiring though.

The non working port started working. I am unaware of having done anything which would have made it work. Hard to say what the real issue is here or if it will stay "fixed". I had resigned myself to living with one port. My wife's phone got plugged into it and it charged, which it wouldn't do before. When I unplugged the other phone it was able to run Android auto from my wife's phone on the previously non working port. Posting this in case someone else has the same issue, it may be just an intermittent issue.

Back