T6.1 T32 lowering springs or coilovers

ProjectBus

Hi all, I know this has probably been discussed to death but I’ve got a new T32 shuttle arriving next week and trying to get everything organised ready. I’ve seen that I can purchase 40mm lowering springs for reasonable money and wondered if this was a viable option for a couple of months before I put coilovers on it? I’ll be running 20” wheels and had ST coilovers on my last T6 which were great. I just wanted to know if just putting springs on for a few months was a massive mistake? Thanks in advance

Compared to the coilovers you were running before, yes, lowering springs only is a mistake. You’ll have a worse ride than you did in your old van and depending on the springs you choose you may not have the ideal rake angle and stance.

Why not save the money and put it towards getting the coilover kit more quickly?

Do you need coilovers though? If you choose the right lowering springs, you could then pair them with some quality after market shocks and get great results.

Compared to the coilovers you were running before, yes, lowering springs only is a mistake. You’ll have a worse ride than you did in your old van and depending on the springs you choose you may not have the ideal rake angle and stance.

Why not save the money and put it towards getting the coilover kit more quickly?

Do you need coilovers though? If you choose the right lowering springs, you could then pair them with some quality after market shocks and get great results.
I hadn’t thought about that option really but thinking about it I did wonder why I went with coilovers on the last T6 as once they were set up I was never going to adjust them!? Would it be a lower cost alternative? And can you recommend any? Thanks

I hadn’t thought about that option really but thinking about it I did wonder why I went with coilovers on the last T6 as once they were set up I was never going to adjust them!? Would it be a lower cost alternative? And can you recommend any? Thanks
It’s no cheaper to go with quality shocks and springs (compared to ST-X), but if you don’t need the adjustability of coilovers or you only want to go 40mm down they are a great option and nothing gives a better ride quality. Good coilovers come very close, but a set of Koni Special actives and the right lowering springs can’t be beaten.

It’s no cheaper to go with quality shocks and springs (compared to ST-X), but if you don’t need the adjustability of coilovers or you only want to go 40mm down they are a great option and nothing gives a better ride quality. Good coilovers come very close, but a set of Koni Special actives and the right lowering springs can’t be beaten.
Thanks I’ll look into that, really appreciate your advice

Looking to get some Navis Mac-AT, but also want to lower my van. What you recommend coilovers or new shocks/springs. It's my daily work van, do alot of driving UK and down motorways and through towns/city's.

Just fitted Stance+ coilovers on my Lwb caravelle with T32 suspension. Pleased with the ride and also how low it goes ( really does drop 90mm as per specs).

Had a T5.1 lwb shuttle T32 before on Eibach raceline springs and was happy with the ride but I'm going to say the stance coilovers are better.

Looking to get some Navis Mac-AT, but also want to lower my van. What you recommend coilovers or new shocks/springs. It's my daily work van, do alot of driving UK and down motorways and through towns/city's.
A T Tyres ! i would strongly recommend going performance shocks and springs over a Coil over kit , we do approx. 70 to 80 vans a month and 75 % of them get this arrangement . These are the most sophisticated shocks on the market . the shock is what gives all the good results Ride , comfort , and handling ( not springs )

Many supplier's of suspension equipment think coil overs are the only solution to get good results .?? They couldn't be more wrong .

Generally they are more expensive than coil overs

What best value springs and shocks do you recommend?

For my T6 work van, don't wanna break the back but wanna upgrade to Navis and lower it a touch.

What best value springs and shocks do you recommend?

For my T6 work van, don't wanna break the back but wanna upgrade to Navis and lower it a touch.
The combination of KONI shocks and Evo technik springs are the biggest seller here by far , we have a range of dampers to suit all the applications and customer needs < IE hi, low, or standard height

steve

Back