T6.1 heater and aircon has failed.

Golgappas

VIP Member
Driving down from Calais and noticed heater was not blowing very hot then later on tested aircon but this had failed as well. Incredible that a two year old t6.1 with 13k on clock and this happens. Found a VW service centre in northern spain to find out what is going on but will have to wait until next week to book it in. Really messed up my whole trip and left hanging around until the verdict comes through but no way can I tour Spain now with no aircon... has this happened to anyone else or only my van is jinxed?

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Mine was about 15 months old when the heating broke. Had to have the whole dash out and new uprated parts fitted. Mine was stuck on hot. Then I noticed when I got it back the Aircon wouldn't work so had to have it re gassed.

It will be interesting to see what the Spanish find.... the heater has always been weird, got very hot and hard to regulate. They said they need to find problem then see if it covered with guarantee , which freaked me out. Everything is covered for three yrs I thought and the same in Europe.

Update: This is the part that failed . White plastic snapped, which affected the selection. Dashboard out . Hope this helps anyone else with this problem. Still under guarantee , thanks goodness.20230504_145654.jpg

Could you tell me what the part number of the part is please? I have a simular issue with my T6.1 and wanted to get hold of spares before I start. Can I get them from ebay? I'm not sure what they are call so I can't search. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.The part was ordered and installed by VW in Spain so I dont know the number. All the work was done under guarantee so I just left it to them to figure the fault out. .The picture I posted of the white piece is the item in question and probably can only be gotten from VW . Or they can tell you the part number. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the late reply.The part was ordered and installed by VW in Spain so I dont know the number. All the work was done under guarantee so I just left it to them to figure the fault out. .The picture I posted of the white piece is the item in question and probably can only be gotten from VW . Or they can tell you the part number. Hope this helps.
Mine has.just gone, how much was it (roughly) to fix please?

Back