T6.1 audio upgrade

awillis668

T6 Pro
Hey, Any audio experts out there?? I stopped by my local audio installer as i wanted to add a subwoofer to my system. I have a 2020 model OEM head unit the installer checked my settings and according to him only the front speaker channel is visible, He says that he can't run the sub woofer from the front speakers as it will interfere with the tweeters? He said VW can plug in there diagnostic machine and unlock the rear speakers, does this sound correct? VW main dealer told me they don't know anything about this! as you can imagine this is very frustrating. Any help with this would be very much appreciated. :)

Anyone with vcds lead/software can activate rear speakers to enable the fader on the headunit, TBH if they don’t know this then they clearly don’t work on/aren’t familiar with our vehicles !

@Absolut5 is our resident audio guru and supplier and looking at your location @Dav-Tec are not a million miles from you and too audio as well im sure either of them will be able to give you a steer in the right direction

I am going through all this at the moment and the variations are mind blowing from installer to installer.

I think everyone will tell you. Sort out the sound deadening in your front doors and upgrade your front speakers (if both not already done) before adding subs etc.

As a basic understanding you could active an active sub something like this Audison Prima APBX 10 AS Active 10" Subwoofer Sub Compact without needing rears activated although I've a shuttle with working rears so that might just be something they havent mentioned needing doing.

As Pauly says the speaker gurus will be along and if they are near you Id probably use them.

Anyone with vcds lead/software can activate rear speakers to enable the fader on the headunit, TBH if they don’t know this then they clearly don’t work on/aren’t familiar with our vehicles !

@Absolut5 is our resident audio guru and supplier and looking at your location @Dav-Tec are not a million miles from you and too audio as well im sure either of them will be able to give you a steer in the right direction
Thanks for the advise and info, I'v contacted @Dav-Tec and he has sorted out a plan for me. :cool:

I am going through all this at the moment and the variations are mind blowing from installer to installer.

I think everyone will tell you. Sort out the sound deadening in your front doors and upgrade your front speakers (if both not already done) before adding subs etc.

As a basic understanding you could active an active sub something like this Audison Prima APBX 10 AS Active 10" Subwoofer Sub Compact without needing rears activated although I've a shuttle with working rears so that might just be something they havent mentioned needing doing.

As Pauly says the speaker gurus will be along and if they are near you Id probably use them.
Thanks for your advice and info, contacted @Dav-Tec and he has sorted it. :)

Back