T5 offside barn door stuck

Jennw

The offside barn door is stuck shut on my T5. I wouldn't be that bothered about it, but the break light has gone and needs replacing and I can't get to it with the door shut. The nearside opens fine, but the offside doesn't seem to want to release. When I pull the handle it seems to have no purchase- it's a bit limp- and there latches are not releasing at the top or the bottom.

There is nothing wrong with the actuator as the nearside works fine and i recently replaced the outside door handle on the nearside which is attached to the actuator, so I don't think it's to do with the central locking.

Does anyone have any idea what could be preventing the door from releasing?

Thanks. I’ll give a go tomorrow. Otherwise I’ll have to take the door card off and have a look inside, but wondered if there was a known solution before I take the whole door apart

Thanks. I’ll give a go tomorrow. Otherwise I’ll have to take the door card off and have a look inside, but wondered if there was a known solution before I take the whole door apart
Did you manage to resolve this?
I'm currently unable to item the nearside barn door on my T6 campervan because the lower catch isn't releasing. I've taken the door card off and the catch doesn't release even when I operate the lever on the locking mechanism manually. I'm stumped as to how to proceed!

The offside barn door is stuck shut on my T5. I wouldn't be that bothered about it, but the break light has gone and needs replacing and I can't get to it with the door shut. The nearside opens fine, but the offside doesn't seem to want to release. When I pull the handle it seems to have no purchase- it's a bit limp- and there latches are not releasing at the top or the bottom.

Does anyone have any idea what could be preventing the door from releasing?
My T6 offside rear door handle failed to open the door yesterday. As a camper it’s very important to us the we can open the door but difficult to access the door card when stuck shut!

I managed to fold back enough of the card to be able to open the door manually. I noted that the end of the handle which pulls against the back of the metal rotating pivot that drives the upper and lower latches had pulled forward to the wrong side of the pivot. I managed to return it to the ‘pulling’ side but unfortunately the fault was easily replicated when using the handle.

A fix to this isn’t obvious except perhaps I’ll replace the handle part of the mechanism in case there is wear in the ‘plastic’ that pulls on the pivot. I have tightened the lower drive rod which seems to be a short term help but I’m not confident it will not happen again.

Any experience of this by others and recommended solutions?

Back