T5.1 Alloy Query

SpaceMonkey

Hello all! Long time reader - I’ve finally purchased my first Transporter and I’m looking into fitting new alloys as we speak but need help on the sizing if possible.

In short, would the following size alloys fit, or would I need spacers etc?

5X120 19" 10j et42

I found a listing on eBay essentially, but I’m not sure if they’re too wide.

Thanks guys

Hello all! Long time reader - I’ve finally purchased my first Transporter and I’m looking into fitting new alloys as we speak but need help on the sizing if possible.

In short, would the following size alloys fit, or would I need spacers etc?

5X120 19" 10j et42

I found a listing on eBay essentially, but I’m not sure if they’re too wide.

Thanks guys

10" is ok for the rear, but the front will be oversized, and potentially rub/poke out too far.

I used to run 19" 8.5" ET45 and this fitted nice. Personally I think you will have issues with your set-up, and it won't look nice.

Use this for future reference: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...t2=45&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=10&offset2=42 obviously adjust it to suit the sizes you're looking at.

Either use the standard 17" VW sizing as a reference point, or use my sizes 255/45/19 tyres, 19" wheel by 8.5" ET45. This sits nicely on my old set-up, with it lowered on 30mm springs, and the new set-up using B14's set on lowest setting. (I'm not running that set-up now, and currently using 9" and 10" staggered banded 19's, but that's a whole other level of sizes and offsets, so unless you are thinking of going this route, it's not worth complicating things now)
It's a good point to start with, but bare in mind it depends how you want the wheels to sit, and how low you are going.
My above set-up is just a generic plug and play, fits without any problems.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Brilliant cheers mate.

I tried that link before posting but couldn’t work out the dimensions for the 16” vw alloys, etc.

I’ll give your setup a go - makes my life much easier!

Back