T32 Kombi 204PS Highline DSG SWB

• Thread starter Deleted member 224
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 224

Hey everyone, new here and after some advice before i take the plunge and place an order
From the list of options available, is there a cheaper aftermarket way of getting these add ons rather than having it all done at the factory
List of options i want on my vehicle are as follows:
T32 Kombi 2.0TDI 204PS Highline DSG SWB
Starlight Blue metallic
Standard 17” Davenport (may upgrade to black at a later date)
Power Latching Tailgate
Discover Media Navigation
Electric sliding door, Driver and passenger side
LED Headlamps with LED daytime running lights (tailgate) with red tail light
Folding wing mirrors body coloured power adjustable and power folding
Rubber floor covering in passenger load compartment with loading edge protection, rear step with illumination
Tow bar, removable incl trailer stabilisation (and 13 pin electronics for caravan)
Carpet flooring in cab
Electric sliding sunroof with sunblind
Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera
Swivel seat driver and passenger
Heated driver and passenger seats

I also wanted the rear spoiler on the top of the tailgate but couldn’t see that as an option, does it come in starlight blue?

And the roof rail bars along the side of the van (will this take the height over 2m?)

Thanks for your help and opinions!

Have been told today to expect delivery date of end of January!

From experience I would get it installed when ordering. A few of things I was gonna do aftermarket are proving to be trickier than first thought!

Rear Sportline spoiler would need to be sprayed separately. It only comes in white, black, silver - and primed.

Roof rail height would depend on if you're lowering at all? I would say it will be very close.

I would agree with @T6dder , everything is better factory fitted, the only thing you can consider is aftermarket swivels as they fit differently, factory swivels lose height adjustment on the seat but aftermarket ones retain it but pros and cons to each, theres a thread about swivels here on the forum
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/swivel-seats-recommendations.214/
Would also recommend the door seals as above for what they cost definitely worth the money

Vehicle specifications can be found here - VW Transporter Kombi Dimensions | Volkswagen Vans and Commercial Vehicles (UK)
Kombi height is listed as 1990mm so bars would take you over

Looks Good

I really like the auto mainbeam/dipping function on the led headlights. Not sure why, but it always makes me smile when I drive at night; somehow they are good fun:):), not only for me but also any passengers, just guessing when they are going to switch over. Call me a child:rofl:

I've driven a loan Kombi to my usual car park at work, it touches the barge board set at 1.98m so unless roof rails add less than 2cm you are going to be over for sure.

Wow thanks for all the replies! have already added the additional door seals as saw this on the old forum!
Re the rail bars i may just get them anyway as not sure i'd risk the 2m barriers anyway if i'm only 10mm away as standard. I may find them useful at some stage and think they actually give a sportier look to the van for some reason (is that just me?)
I was a bit worried about the swivels not having height adjustment. I'm 6'3" and i'm sure they are ok for me (according to dealer "i'm 6'4" and have no trouble on them hahaha) but my wife also drives and is 5'5 and always heightens the seat in our current vito.

Aftermarket swivels a must, but electric power latching doors rear and side also. Dust seals worth it, but folding wing mirrors pointless. They look fancy but only fold in about an inch. Air vents in the B pillars if you can find out how to order them, but VW are blo@dy useless when it comes to their own spec sheets.

My wife is 5ft dead and was ok on factory swivels without height adj...... So it might be you that has the issues

Factory door seals are front doors only and locate on pins into the door so factory style cannot be retro fitted as you wont have the holes in the door to receive them, you can however get aftermarket stick on ones that we are currently awaiting delivery on so will be available soon

Forgive me for my naivity but what's with the extra door seals, and are they for all doors ?
Can they be retro fitted ?
Thanks
They give a much more solid feel to them i think, rather than a tinny cheap noise they make a solid clunk when shut.

My wife is 5ft dead and was ok on factory swivels without height adj...... So it might be you that has the issues
ah ok yes good point, i will investigate further. could be worth trying out a caravelle at the dealer as i guess they will have the same seats??

Still don't understand about door seals all I know is mine has them lol

Lol is a bit odd that a vehicle of this calibre can do with some extra seals and it's actually an optional extra

Lol is a bit odd that a vehicle of this calibre can do with some extra seals and it's actually an optional extra
I agree! Very odd but still confused if I have understood this correctly or not. Can someone explain? Thanks

Extra rubber seals that are fixed to the doors, not the standard seals that all vans have on the bodywork.

Its arrived! I am so happy, great service from the broker, not to mention a hefty saving made....

Back