T32 - 20" Wheels fitment!

steveo1986

T6 T32 150 Manual Highline SWB Oryx White
T6 Pro
I have been reading a lot of threads on the perfect fitment for 20" wheels on a T6, so I thought I would ask for peoples opinions of my choice of fitment. Now my choice is based on what a local seller has recommended, may I add that he sells alloys UK wide!
My T6 is on Bilstein B14's and is 5mm from lowest setting on the front and 10mm on the rear. The recomended sizes are as follows:

Front: 9.5x20 ET42
Rear: 10.5x20 ET42
Tyre Size: 275/35/20

I want the staggered look hence the different widths and the tyres and wheels will both be load rated.

Problem i see from that set up is the tyres , as far as i can find, they do not make a tyre with a 103 load ratings any more. They do them on 21" now only. As you have a T32 that is what you need or above i am afraid.

Problem i see from that set up is the tyres , as far as i can find, they do not make a tyre with a 103 load ratings any more. They do them on 21" now only. As you have a T32 that is what you need or above i am afraid.

I am pretty sure that the guy said the tyres would be load rated with a 35 thick wall. Such a minefield this haha!

As above they don't make a 275/35 that is rated anymore - You will have to go 40 profile and there will be some serious inner arch modifications to be carried out running at this height on 20's.

Ditto the two comments above. I have gone round and round searching for a 103 tyre that is 275/35/20, so unless someone has just started making them again - they don't exist.

Sounds like I need to double check on that tyre spec then!!

@BognorMotors so if I do end up running 40 profile with a 9.5 width wheel is it major alterations to the inner arch, more than just a heat gun?

Ditto the two comments above. I have gone round and round searching for a 103 tyre that is 275/35/20, so unless someone has just started making them again - they don't exist.

Same here, actually went back to 18's last weekend. I only had 102 rated tyres for my T32 - that's no good.

Mmm, the 275/40 oversize tyre means you will have to modify the inner arch area.

Sorry I meant more than a heat gun.

On our t30 Kombi, with the OZ Dakers in 8.5 x 20 Et40, we didn't need to modify at all on 275/35, pretty much slammed on B14's. This is the optimum Size, in my opinion. We have a T32 Kombi due shorty and I might try this wheel size with the 275/40 and see what is required, modification wise.

Sorry I meant more than a heat gun.

On our t30 Kombi, with the OZ Dakers in 8.5 x 20 Et40, we didn't need to modify at all on 275/35, pretty much slammed on B14's. This is the optimum Size, in my opinion. We have a T32 Kombi due shorty and I might try this wheel size with the 275/40 and see what is required, modification wise.

Ah got you, I am not up for more work than a heat gun at all! I haven't ordered the wheels yet so I can change the wheel spec, sounds like 8.5 might be the best option on the front then, with hopefully heat gun mods with the 275/40 tyre!

Back