Swivel for a single passenger seat. What make to buy.

McFlude

T6 Pro
I would like to buy a swivel for my passenger seat and was considering a Rib base. I remember that a swivel in one of my old campers creaked a lot and I understand that some current makes also creak. Has anyone got any advice on what swivel will not creak and keep my wife silent whilst travelling? (sorry, couldn't resist the dad joke)

I would like to buy a swivel for my passenger seat and was considering a Rib base. I remember that a swivel in one of my old campers creaked a lot and I understand that some current makes also creak. Has anyone got any advice on what swivel will not creak and keep my wife silent whilst travelling? (sorry, couldn't resist the dad joke)
I bought a Rusty Lee one after reading reviews on here, doesn't creak at all and is very well made. Plenty of info on here to help you decide

My preference has always been to use Sportscraft which don't creak or rattle. There are two versions, one made specially to enable taller leisure battery fitment. on recent conversions I've modified the drivers seat base to lower the hand brake as the bracket that they supply is not nice but does do the job, just about.
I've used Jennings-Seats as supplier.

I can say with confidence NOT Sportscraft. I fitted one firstly to the passenger seat, with the intention of fitting the drivers' side also, but was put off by the rattling, sqeaking, movement, of the Sportscraft base. In fact, they will both be for sale very soon, and I watch with interest what other brands are recommended. I've heard good reports of the Kiravans swivels.

I can say with confidence NOT Sportscraft. I fitted one firstly to the passenger seat, with the intention of fitting the drivers' side also, but was put off by the rattling, sqeaking, movement, of the Sportscraft base. In fact, they will both be for sale very soon, and I watch with interest what other brands are recommended. I've heard good reports of the Kiravans swivels.

That's very strange as I've fitted six and used them in vehicles for my own vehicles in the past eight years with no problems at all. It's a pity I'm not planning another conversion soon or I would be up to buy your cast-offs!

+1 Sportscraft, very well made (proper pieces of steel, look way tougher than some others I've seen around). I have one normal one and one for the battery, both fine!
Here's a picture:
No connections with the seller whatsoever, just thought it was a good picture. (got mine in Germany). The one on the picture has the nut on the top. If you need to put a battery underneath that's the type you need. The standard version has the nut (or at least part of it) underneath and is some mm (almost nothing) lower, which doesn't leave enough room for a battery. Price is I believe more or less the same

I have Sportscrafts with the nut on top on both seats,no problems whatsoever with mine either

Back