Suspension stock hight/ maybe lift

Hemmjonny

Hi all

I took my T6 out for a proper drive for the first time yesterday. It’s completely standard at the moment.
My god the ride is shocking lol, bumpy, bouncy and round bends feels very unstable (it’s not once you get use to it)
It’s been years since I had my T4 and that drove like a car pretty much, all the other Transporters I have driven have been lowered.

With this one I would like to keep it at stock height or maybe lift it a little for a swamper look.
I see everyone recommends CRS but I am down in Cornwall. Is there anyone closer or a kit/setup I can buy to get a local garage to fit?

Thanks
Jonny

Hi all

I took my T6 out for a proper drive for the first time yesterday. It’s completely standard at the moment.
My god the ride is shocking lol, bumpy, bouncy and round bends feels very unstable (it’s not once you get use to it)
It’s been years since I had my T4 and that drove like a car pretty much, all the other Transporters I have driven have been lowered.

With this one I would like to keep it at stock height or maybe lift it a little for a swamper look.
I see everyone recommends CRS but I am down in Cornwall. Is there anyone closer or a kit/setup I can buy to get a local garage to fit?

Thanks
Jonny

You are closer to @The Van Cave I think, a highly regarded trade member who can advise and sort your suspension out.

had our van sorted out by CRS a few months ago, definitely transformed it,
Fitted Koni shocks all round and 25 mm lift spacers, kept the original T32 springs as the van is a camper with weight.
Very stable now on straights and round the bends, no crashing over humps and holes,
even if you are far away, it would be worth making contact with Steve for advice.

Back