Sub woofer location + options for live feed

smilie121

VCDS User
T6 Pro
I have a decent under seat sub woofer that sadly does not fit under the drivers seat - mainly because my leisure battery is there

So I was thinking I could mount on the outside of the front seats (that swivel) to retain storage. Using some matt or foam to minimise vibration. I am yet to determine if I could leave it hooked up with enough excess to cope with the pulling backwards and swivel, most likely internally wired for ease).

20200828_195135.jpg

Or I could mount it in the boxed in section at the back (would need some rework but do able). However I am guessing I would need to cut out a hole for the percussion. Note the hole you see is the hot air feed from the heater, the directional hood has been removed.

20200828_195204.jpg

Anyone done either to report their findings or offer opinions?

Sadly its not as small as my Kenwood that I have in the Passat for where it can fit. I would consider buying another and selling this on.

20200828_200321.jpg

Also is there anywhere I can run a 12v feed to the unit (not remote) from under the dash rather than running straight from the battery. I had a look at the bulk head and don't fancy my chances

Thanks for reading!

Back