Strange noise when turning right

Algor

T6 Pro
I have a strange noise occurring from the front of the van (6.1 Cali) when turning right. I can only describe the noise as sounding like a seal barking. If the van is static I can turn the wheels full lock and it doesn't happen so it is only when moving. I am assuming it is either something rubbing or is bush related. The van is 3 weeks old and as yet unmodified. I did contact my local Van centre this morning and they said they would get a technician to ring me back but of course they didn't, she also told me that the earliest inspection date would be the 15th March. I could take it back to the dealer I bought it from but that would require a day off work.

Have any of you experienced this?

I dont have anything positive to say re tracking the noise down yourself but on a 3 week old van I would call VW assistance and tell them you are not happy to drive it anywhere as you are worried what might be being damaged and the safety aspect of that.

I’m sure they will get someone out who can identify the issue.

I dont have anything positive to say re tracking the noise down yourself but on a 3 week old van I would call VW assistance and tell them you are not happy to drive it anywhere as you are worried what might be being damaged and the safety aspect of that.

I’m sure they will get someone out who can identify the issue.
Yeah thanks mate. I have had similar recommendations on the California Club board. I was rather hoping it was a common occurrence on new 6.1's and that it just needed a squirt of WD40 here or there. It appears not and I will call VW assist tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

Yeah thanks mate. I have had similar recommendations on the California Club board. I was rather hoping it was a common occurrence on new 6.1's and that it just needed a squirt of WD40 here or there. It appears not and I will call VW assist tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.
If they play funny buggers just mention rejecting the van. Pay a premium price for VW, wait forever for delivery, have defects and then wait for a repair. Somehow I don’t think there is the same level of customer service in Germany.

If they play funny buggers just mention rejecting the van. Pay a premium price for VW, wait forever for delivery, have defects and then wait for a repair. Somehow I don’t think there is the same level of customer service in Germany.
Wot e said!
You shouldn't be having to remedy strange noises on a new vehicle with a squirt of WD40, that's their job, it's what the warranty is for. A six week wait just to get it looked at is not satisfactory because potentially that's six weeks of having a van you paid for but can't use. (if you consider that the noise might be a symptom of damage being caused to a part of the drive train or suspension).

Back