Stop-but-doesn’t-then-Start

Heskey18

Hi . New owner of a T6 sportline DSG . I’ve had the engine completely shut off when the stop function (start / stop) has kicked in . Once with semi low fuel (light just come on) & once when fuel was 1/4 tank . Can anybody shine a light on this? Cheers

Is there any faults codes?

Also is it at night? Are the lights on? Is the battery ok? Any error lights or warning messages in the MFD

Hi . New owner of a T6 sportline DSG . I’ve had the engine completely shut off when the stop function (start / stop) has kicked in . Once with semi low fuel (light just come on) & once when fuel was 1/4 tank . Can anybody shine a light on this? Cheers
It can time out sometimes after a few minutes and need to be manually restarted.

It can time out sometimes after a few minutes and need to be manually restarted.
I think other elements also affect it - opening doors, removing seatbelts - can cancel an automatic restart. You haven’t mentioned these @Heskey18 but I do wonder if you’ve ruled out a door not being properly closed.. the easiest way being to check with the van locked, as some members have reported barn-doors failing to latch or even lock.

Back