Stinky air con

rover220

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Anyone else suffering with a nasty stench first few mins of turning ac on. Pollen filter has been changed. Have noticed I no longer get a puddle under van when ac has been on though. Suspect condensate drain is blocked.

Does anyone know the rough where abouts of drain in engine bay?

Cheers

Not due a service for another 10k and my work are funny about getting non essential stuff sorted.

It's not non essential, health and safety.. Stink is probably bacteria that is being pushed into the air flow for the occupants, not good health wise, they will use an anti bacterial spay to sort smell after sorting issue, this is part of an aircon service nowadays, and not just to make it smell nice..

That's great and I'm well aware of the facts but I also happen to know what my place are like when it comes to sorting stuff like this.

Ok, mention it to them in an email, as if they do nowt, and you go off ill, it means your protected if they did nowt, as it can make you very ill.. But if you did nowt that you can prove, your stuffed.. If it's a works vehicle, it forms part of your workplace and they are bound by the same HSE rules about safe working environment. At such a new age, it shouldn't be blocked, it's more a fault, and down to VW, if it's a works vehicle it's their property.. You merely informing them of an issue that requires attention.

Last edited:
Back