Sticker marks on inside of windscreen

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
As above, every time the screen mists up, a load of marks show up where labels or stickers have been attached to the windscreen while the van was being built, i assume. Anyone else got them? Cleaned it twice now with Autoglym glass cleaner, but its made no difference. Any ideas?

@TEESIXY , take it back to dealership to get them to PDI it properly... If it continues lodge build complaint.

Yes I have them aswell ,I have tried different glass cleaner and glass polish .
I am going to try bar keepers friend .
Mentioned it to dealership ,he said it had been a problem with vw in the past ,he said he would speak to valeter ,but not heard anything .

Hmmmmm interesting, the sticker could have damaged the windscreen surface due to the adhesive used or a bad batch of screens. Up to you guys as to wether you can live with it.

I get sucker marks and stubborn stickers marks on my float sheet sometimes. Its a 50/50 whether they come out or not. Best method i use is solvent cleaner and some very soft wire wool, plenty of glass cleaner on it too, then gentle rub with the wool, carefully or you will scratch the glass. If that fails and it annoys you a brick and a phone call to your insurance should sort it :whistle:;):)

I get sucker marks and stubborn stickers marks on my float sheet sometimes. Its a 50/50 whether they come out or not. Best method i use is solvent cleaner and some very soft wire wool, plenty of glass cleaner on it too, then gentle rub with the wool, carefully or you will scratch the glass. If that fails and it annoys you a brick and a phone call to your insurance should sort it :whistle:;):)
What solvent cleaner would you use @StudleyGlass

Used very fine auto clay (Bilt Hamber) to get rid of mine. Last 3 new VW's all had "crop circles" on the front screen.
Found one called bilt hamber "auto clay soft " does this sound right

Yes, that's the one. It's a very fine clay and you only need water instead of a clay lube. Saying that I always use a bit of car shampoo in the spray bottle :thumbsup:

how about stelmax upvc cleaner , that does a lot of jobs that wouldn't expect it to

I haven't attempted to clean mine yet but I was greated with this yesterday morning, obviosuly it's a widespread issue.

IMG_4292.JPG

I remember seeing them on mine but they've vanished over time. Nothing left now and I've never tried to clean them up.

I remember seeing them on mine but they've vanished over time. Nothing left now and I've never tried to clean them up.

That's good to know, once demisted no sign of them so I don't think I'll put much effort into cleaning!

Back