Inside Windscreen Marks

Hinsley

T6 Pro
Bit of advice needed....

I decided to clean the inside glass of the shuttle - its the first time I've done this since I bought it. I could see small smudges on various windows and when the windscreen mists up I could see finger/hand prints and some other smudges.

After reading about suitable interior glass cleaners that are safe on tinted windows I went with Autoglym Fast Glass which has done a great job with every window apart from the windscreen - I can't get rid of these marks.

As I'm cleaning I can see the marks, they seem to disappear with the Autoglym but I can see them reappearing as I buff/allow to dry. If I "scratch" with my nail I can see lines in the smudge but that still doesn't get rid.

I think this might be a grease/other dash cleaner residue from when it was "cleaned" before I picked it up.

Is there a stronger product I can use?

I have RainX 2 in 1 cleaner that I use for the side/rear windows and the wing mirrors, will that have more cleaning power? That product has a warning "Do not use on, or allow product to come into contact with: plastics, printed or non-clear surfaces, or surfaces treated with anti-reflective, scratch resistant or other types of coatings."

Has the T6 got an anti-reflective coating?

I like to use ISO on my glass. Works in seconds, clears the gunkiest of cr@p and leaves no smears. Safe on paint and plastics too.

It's just alcohol so no paint-damaging nasties included.

I used to use Mr Muscle but it lies.

Last weekend my wife was moaning at me to tidy up the shed but I wanted to watch the rugby. So, I came up with an ingenious idea.

I took a bottle of Mr Muscle into the shed and generously sprayed every item in there with the product, closed the door and went inside to settle down to watch the rugby.

After a glorious result ( I’m Welsh), I returned to the shed with a beaming smile. This was to be short lived as when I opened the door it was exactly how I had left it, nothing had been moved or tidied. I immediately reached for the bottle and there it was, as clear of day, boldly printed on the side “ Mr Muscle. Loves the jobs you hate”

So today I rang trading standards to air my frustration and after explain my reason for complaint to the gentleman on the other end of the phone, he repeatedly asked “who is this?” as if he too couldn’t believe what he was hearing. I kept on agreeing with his astonishment as I too was god smacked that it had failed in completing a job I hated.

Anyway, he said someone will be in touch soon to offer me some help, which I thought was very kind of him, I’m now awaiting some volunteers from trading standards to come and help me tidy the shed.

Oh and the wife’s still not speaking to me (which is a bonus).

I used to use Mr Muscle but it lies.

Last weekend my wife was moaning at me to tidy up the shed but I wanted to watch the rugby. So, I came up with an ingenious idea.

I took a bottle of Mr Muscle into the shed and generously sprayed every item in there with the product, closed the door and went inside to settle down to watch the rugby.

After a glorious result ( I’m Welsh), I returned to the shed with a beaming smile. This was to be short lived as when I opened the door it was exactly how I had left it, nothing had been moved or tidied. I immediately reached for the bottle and there it was, as clear of day, boldly printed on the side “ Mr Muscle. Loves the jobs you hate”

So today I rang trading standards to air my frustration and after explain my reason for complaint to the gentleman on the other end of the phone, he repeatedly asked “who is this?” as if he too couldn’t believe what he was hearing. I kept on agreeing with his astonishment as I too was god smacked that it had failed in completing a job I hated.

Anyway, he said someone will be in touch soon to offer me some help, which I thought was very kind of him, I’m now awaiting some volunteers from trading standards to come and help me tidy the shed.

Oh and the wife’s still not speaking to me (which is a bonus).

Had the same iss with Mr Sheen. Still waiting for Charlie to come round.

I’m Welsh as well, maybe there is a conspiracy?

Try a bit of tfr degreaser or thinner on a rag sounds like grease but don’t spill it :(

I don’t have access to this stuff but I do have loads of wipes (Gorilla etc) which will hopefully clear it so I can use the Autoglym.

I’m always a weary when it comes to using chemicals even neat ones although I do think this is what’s needed.

I think I’ll try the softly de-greasing hand wipes first and work my way up to something stronger.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Isopropanol is pure alcohol very light and evaporates almost instantaneously so does not damage anything.

Back