Stereo gone tinny after battery changed.

Brillo

RAC Patrolman
Hi all. After replacing my battery I noticed the stereo has gone tinny. All speakers work but lost main sound. Scanned full system but not error codes. Done a 15 min battery disconnect. Removed the stereo and refitted it after 15 mins but still the same. Reset to factory settings. Tried all the settings. Going crazy with it.

No. Its all standard.
See this regularly, where the owner hasn’t noticed the passenger side door speaker has blown, sound still comes from it but tinny, then all of a sudden the drivers door one pops then they pick up it’s all gone tinny… coincidence but it does happen

pop a door panel off and push the speaker cone, if it’s hard to push then it’s popped the voice coil

See this regularly, where the owner hasn’t noticed the passenger side door speaker has blown, sound still comes from it but tinny, then all of a sudden the drivers door one pops then they pick up it’s all gone tinny… coincidence but it does happen

pop a door panel off and push the speaker cone, if it’s hard to push then it’s popped the voice coil
Hi. Fitted a new speaker but still no change

Did you screw them into a door collar?
No. Just plugged it in. The t6 ones are riveted. Just tried a plug n play.

I have another t6. I will swap a speaker to see if it fixes the problem. If not I was looking at an android setup. What would you recommend to fit with parking sensors on the screen?

No. Just plugged it in. The t6 ones are riveted. Just tried a plug n play.
Until the speaker is located in the door properly it will not sound at all great…

regards to headunits, there is very little choice of Kenwoods, pioneer,alpines due to shortages, but hopefully April will bring better stock

Back