Squeaky Swivels Anyone?

Sherbs

T6 Pro
About a month and a bit back I bought 2 Kiravans offset swivels, the passenger side was great but the drivers side rocked and creaked. Kiravans were great and swapped it out no problem. 2 weeks on the creaking returned and the passenger side was noisy if no one was sitting in it.
Today I silenced and solidified both of them with an after market modification of my own design.
I was wondering at the size of the potential market for this if I finalise the design and get a batch made?
Does anyone out there have unwanted swivel noise and movement or is it just me?

I’m looking at providing a simple after market swivel stabiliser, 10 minutes to fit, circa £10 per swivel.
Don’t want to give too much away at this point, I need to field test my prototype further and have identified changes that are needed. So prototype #2 next week and further tests

Yeah the mk1 is fitted to both my swivels and seems to be spot on for driving use but I need to do some mods this weekend to use the swivel without issue, mk2 next week should lead to a production version, then it’s down to making as many sets as I can (need to source some specific sized bolts too to save cutting and filing larger ones)

Brilliant...well done...I am really hoping this could also fix my really annoying squeaky drive.....keep us updated :)

Hiya sorry been quiet on here work has been a bit mental pat couple of weeks and Mrs Sherbs has been reminding me it’s garden clearing season.
Promise to get on top of this soon

@Sherbs I was wondering if you have ever fitted a swivel to a DOUBLE paxs seat that has Airbag fitted ..... this is my real issue .... just wondered? GOOD Luck with your prototype.

Don’t want to jinx myself here but both my kiravans offset swivels don’t make a peep

Got a kirivans offset swivel on the passenger side. It drive me absolutely nuts with the squeaking and creaking. Have now removed it because of that.

Check the bolts. They can work themselves loose. Well, mine did on the drivers side. Gave everything a good spray of something or other that I had in my tool box then gave everything a good tighten up. Been sweet ever since.

i found the cause i do believe , look between the swivels , theres 2 cone shaped guide things , lube them and should solve it

Yeah the mk1 is fitted to both my swivels and seems to be spot on for driving use but I need to do some mods this weekend to use the swivel without issue, mk2 next week should lead to a production version, then it’s down to making as many sets as I can (need to source some specific sized bolts too to save cutting and filing larger ones)
How did you get on? Did you get any further? or are you willing to give away your secrets?

Back