Sportline Front Spoiler Painting

In a state

I like a good length in a Van...
T6 Pro
I'm just about to take delivery of a new Indium Grey Highline and a Travelin Lite front sportline spoiler.

Question is I see a lot of folk are painting the lower middle splitter section in gloss black.

Can some of you with front spoilers show me some photos of how you've finished them, either two colour or a single colour as I'm trying to decide which way to go...as I have a Vanstyle splitter coming too, which is gloss black.

TIA

437D10A5-8D30-49D7-BE25-F9694C33E180.jpeg
I'm just about to take delivery of a new Indium Grey Highline and a Travelin Lite front sportline spoiler.

Question is I see a lot of folk are painting the lower middle splitter section in gloss black.

Can some of you with front spoilers show me some photos of how you've finished them, either two colour or a single colour as I'm trying to decide which way to go...as I have a Vanstyle splitter coming too, which is gloss black.

TIA

Full gloss Blacked everything apart from the lower lip which needs to be a different colour to the rest to give the chunky aggressive look.

Screenshot_20180509-223339_Gallery.jpg

Was that painted black or left raw ABS?
Mine is a genuine VW spoiler and it came in a light grey plastic colour. I noticed that if you got a genuine sportline van they were painted a metallic silver. The retrofit spoilers (by the dealers) were painted vehicle colour. I just thought I would balance out the front by painting mine gloss black like the fog light surrounds, I also had the grills done gloss black too.

Thanks guys for the info.

One more thing, the instructions with the spoiler state that it's just clipped bolted on, did any of you guys bond it one also?

image.jpg The vw instructions say to bond the spoiler where it wraps the corners on the original bumper.

View attachment 22094 The vw instructions say to bond the spoiler where it wraps the corners on the original bumper.

@Nick-C do you have the rest of the instructions for the VW spoiler and any chance I could have a copy please as I am looking to remove and swap mine over to an ABT one and don't have any instructions as the spoiler was fitted by the dealer before I bought it, thanks Jim

@Nick-C do you have the rest of the instructions for the VW spoiler and any chance I could have a copy please as I am looking to remove and swap mine over to an ABT one and don't have any instructions as the spoiler was fitted by the dealer before I bought it, thanks Jim
I do, they are at work, so will photo them and post them up here for you on Monday!

Really? I like how yours looks now.

From memory they have the screws on each end under the wheel arches, and two that would normally be holding your number plate on, and the rest is mastic, which might be a nightmare to remove off the original bumper, but i'd be interested to see how you get on. I'm sure there will be no shortage of people that will buy the Sportline one.

Really? I like how yours looks now.

From memory they have the screws on each end under the wheel arches, and two that would normally be holding your number plate on, and the rest is mastic, which might be a nightmare to remove off the original bumper, but i'd be interested to see how you get on. I'm sure there will be no shortage of people that will buy the Sportline one.

Thanks but just fancy a change and like the ABT set

Back