Sportline, etc

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Saw a few special editions at the dealers just now and thought they might be worth a mention.

Firstly the, ahem, "Sport"line.

image_zpszskjy4cv.jpg

image_zpstls9zcop.jpg

Slightly underwhelmed; I don't get the whole sport thing but I viewed it with an open mind.

That front spoiler is too heavy handed; the rear just has a roof spoiler so it all looks very front heavy.
The wheels are a bit TSW in gloss black; they look better in silver. And while I'm not worried about arch gaps, they do look huge; but lower it and you'd scrape that front splitter on everything.
The interior is standard van; I'd want the posh dash for the money.
It's the "old" 180 engine; again I'd want the latest unit.
The seats look very plasticky; my old Golf R32 seats were similar. Just doesn't look real.

Overall, nope.

Then a 66 plate but rather mucky two tone Edition 65 outside; those wheels are a bit too faux retro but the interior is great; lovely alcantara seats, decent dash. Really nice.

Then one I hadn't seen; I think it was called "blue and grey?" A decent spec Highline with Matt black T5.1 Sportline wheels in Acapulco blue. Looked pretty good; much better than the Sportline IMO.

So there, me being dull again.

I know what you mean about the Sportline interior, my brother has a T5 and the rear area is exactly the same as any other T5 Kombi, for the money you would think the finish would be next level plush.

Self self self @Polzeylad , we need more pics than just 2 !!!!:)
Very good "impartial" review.
I agree with you about it needing to be a bit more luxurious with greater quality.
Did they manage to fix yours at all ?

Self self self @Polzeylad , we need more pics than just 2 !!!!:)
Very good "impartial" review.
I agree with you about it needing to be a bit more luxurious with greater quality.
Did they manage to fix yours at all ?
For some reason I felt a bit odd snapping photos of it. No idea why...!

All fine with ours; rattly awning sorted, topped up the AdBlue, a small clip replaced. The annoying electric door latch wouldn't "fail" so that's not been sorted but it's rare enough that we can live with it. Carrs Exeter were very good again IMO.

My word it felt like a luxobarge after that tinny Caddy. Also the first time I've been able to give it some stick since it became officially run in; it really does move well. Managed a few overtakes that needed some power to complete safely.

Came back very happy with our big lump of a van.

A major client (ahem, Sky) also tripled their monthly retainer today; hurrah!!

A good day.

Last edited:
That front angle looks great on the sportline. Shame its not all round pretty. It is growing on me but i agree the interior is very lackluster, and the leather looks tatty. Silver wheels would definitely look better.

You wont hit the front splitter unless you go offroad. Never hit mine in 3 years and 70,000 miles on my t5.1 lowered 100mm and loaded.
I dont understand side bars on vans. They dont do anything but look weird imo, they should have done a full subtle sportline bodykit inc side skirts and rear bumper.

That front angle looks great on the sportline. Shame its not all round pretty. It is growing on me but i agree the interior is very lackluster, and the leather looks tatty. Silver wheels would definitely look better.

You wont hit the front splitter unless you go offroad. Never hit mine in 3 years and 70,000 miles on my t5.1 lowered 100mm and loaded.
I dont understand side bars on vans. They dont do anything but look weird imo, they should have done a full subtle sportline bodykit inc side skirts and rear bumper.

Nothing to do with you having the ABT kit .......:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Back