Spec Advice Please

Valvan21

Hi completely new to van life so need a bit of advice please. We have recently put a deposit down on an upgraded Startline Factory Kombi. It has Satnav, Rear Parking sensor/camera, Aircon and a rear heater fitted. I’ve noticed that the front single seats don’t have armrests though and have been told this is only on Trendline upwards. We did have an option on a factory Trendline with lower miles, also Aircon but no heater or satnav. The Trendline also obviously has the split 2/1 rear seat, which I’ve been told is very handy as otherwise no access to the back of the van if you don’t have space to open the tailgate.

I’m just interested in how much value I should put on both the front armrests and the split seat, are they generally quite sought after features? Although the van we have put a deposit on is only a Startline it seems better still because of the add ons but not 100% sure.

Thanks for any advice (apologies for very long post )

Hi completely new to van life so need a bit of advice please. We have recently put a deposit down on an upgraded Startline Factory Kombi. It has Satnav, Rear Parking sensor/camera, Aircon and a rear heater fitted. I’ve noticed that the front single seats don’t have armrests though and have been told this is only on Trendline upwards. We did have an option on a factory Trendline with lower miles, also Aircon but no heater or satnav. The Trendline also obviously has the split 2/1 rear seat, which I’ve been told is very handy as otherwise no access to the back of the van if you don’t have space to open the tailgate.

I’m just interested in how much value I should put on both the front armrests and the split seat, are they generally quite sought after features? Although the van we have put a deposit on is only a Startline it seems better still because of the add ons but not 100% sure.

Thanks for any advice (apologies for very long post )
Front arm rests can be retro fitted. I think they are about £100 - £120, or were last time I looked.

Again, if the rear seat did become a problem for you it could be sold on and a 2/1 bought to replace it. I believe they use the same fixings, but am sure someone will be along to confirm shortly.

Guess it depends on what you want the van for. Are you converting it? if so you'll probably bin the rear seats. If not 2:1 is a useful thing to have. I personally hate the armrests and never use them so not having them wouldn't bother me.

Satnav can be easily remedied with an after market head unit. Rear parking sensors and camera can also be retrofitted.

Front arm rests can be retro fitted. I think they are about £100 - £120, or were last time I looked.

Again, if the rear seat did become a problem for you it could be sold on and a 2/1 bought to replace it. I believe they use the same fixings, but am sure someone will be along to confirm shortly.
Thanks for taking the time to reply

Guess it depends on what you want the van for. Are you converting it? if so you'll probably bin the rear seats. If not 2:1 is a useful thing to have. I personally hate the armrests and never use them so not having them wouldn't bother me.

Satnav can be easily remedied with an after market head unit. Rear parking sensors and camera can also be retrofitted.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, we aren’t planning to convert and I’m thinking the 2:1 may be a better option

Most things on a Startline or Trendline can be fitted aftermarket....my T-Line now looks like a Highline apart from the MFSW which I'm looking to upgrade soon. It had aircon and tailgate, my own personal must-haves.

Multi-function Steering Wheel, leather with various buttons.....Trendline and Startline usually cone with a pig ugly non-smart plastic monstrosity.

Be aware that the lower models can be spec'd before manufacture with some equipment found as standard on a Highline. Always worth a good look to compare

Multi-function Steering Wheel, leather with various buttons.....Trendline and Startline usually cone with a pig ugly non-smart plastic monstrosity.

Be aware that the lower models can be spec'd before manufacture with some equipment found as standard on a Highline. Always worth a good look to compare
Aah ok thanks, yes I just looked at the one we are buying and it does indeed appear to have a “non-smart plastic monstrosity”

Most things on a Startline or Trendline can be fitted aftermarket....my T-Line now looks like a Highline apart from the MFSW which I'm looking to upgrade soon. It had aircon and tailgate, my own personal must-haves.
Do you know roughly how much it costs to upgrade to the MFSW please sackmycook?

I have a startline and have fitted a plain leather wheel from a model up the T6 range. Didn’t bother with a multi functional wheel as the startline only has the basic dash (no temp gauge just a warning light and simplified display funictions)8

I have a startline and have fitted a plain leather wheel from a model up the T6 range. Didn’t bother with a multi functional wheel as the startline only has the basic dash (no temp gauge just a warning light and simplified display funictions)8
Thanks. Am starting to worry a bit just how basic the van is we’ve put a deposit on - eek!

Thanks. Am starting to worry a bit just how basic the van is we’ve put a deposit on - eek!
I like simplicity - less to go wrong :)

You have air con and parking sensors (like mine!)

I have fitted arm rests to the front single passenger seat and SWMBO finds them very comfortable. I didnt bother on my seat.

I like simplicity - less to go wrong :)

You have air con and parking sensors (like mine!)

I have fitted arm rests to the front single passenger seat and SWMBO finds them very comfortable. I didnt bother on my seat.
Yes that’s a good way of looking at it :D

Back