Sound Deadening

RAD

T6 Pro
what sound deadening did you buy and where from? How much do I need for a twin slider tailgate Kombi?

Googling Silent Coat and Dynamat leads me to different sites.
TIA

Edit - currently in the process of lining and insulation the van, so any help would be appriciated

Last edited:
Sound deadening Shop deadening.co.uk - Silent Coat for deadening, then dodo lining, followed by Dacron. 3mm mdf board with 4 way stretch carpet. Jobs a good’un.

How much of everything do you need to order? My van already has panels so I'm guessing these can be reused?

I need this doing I'm not used to hearing squeeky rattles after hitting every bump

Sound deadening Shop deadening.co.uk - Silent Coat for deadening, then dodo lining, followed by Dacron. 3mm mdf board with 4 way stretch carpet. Jobs a good’un.

I've heard a few different people now mention using MDF or different board rather than carpeting the panels you get with it? Why is this? I know some traders use 6mm board also. Is there much benefit of all this rather than just using the existing ones?

I think its mainly down to strength, you can carpet the original boards but they are only basic hardboard/fibre board and can be broken easily by moving/falling objects where ply will give you much more resistance to damage

I'm currently doing this to my single slider tailgate Kombi. I'm currently on the sound deadening stage and have only used 3/4 of a box of Silent Coat so far and I'm nearly finished. But I've not done the roof as I'd like a pop top some day. I may well pull the floor up and add a complete layer under there with the second box!

It's Bad that this sound deadening doesn't come as standard , it's not like these vans are cheap I've got a pack of silent coat 30 sheets for £40 from flee Bay the size of a4 paper so I'm hoping this will be enough to make a difference.

i have done my shuttle, used 2 boxes of silent coat. not put any under the carpet. doubled up on the wheel arches.
just filled in the roof channels between the factory fitted ones.
added 16mm extreme dodo matt on top of everything
happy with it.
not converting so was for comfort more than sleeping, but it will happen occasionally

used 2 rolls of dodo extreme have 2 left as i was advised to buy the Large van bundle

anyone what some cheap ;)

i have done my shuttle, used 2 boxes of silent coat. not put any under the carpet. doubled up on the wheel arches.
just filled in the roof channels between the factory fitted ones.
added 16mm extreme dodo matt on top of everything
happy with it.
not converting so was for comfort more than sleeping, but it will happen occasionally

used 2 rolls of dodo extreme have 2 left as i was advised to buy the Large van bundle

anyone what some cheap ;)

Don’t believe you, where are all the pictures? Ha!

I've used 7 or 8 boxes of dynamat..and atm 1 roll of 6mm ?dodo along with 25mm closed cell acustic foam(previously used).

I used 2 boxes of silent coat just on my rear drivers side back panel! And thtas without wheel arches yet.

A question was asked concerning tailgate closing causing a vacuum as of lining being fitted etc. I installed a couple of 51mm vehicle gas vents to help this issue. Where the original ‘peg-board’ card was.

70E2C056-3C5F-4182-9ECF-B2646E73E43C.jpeg

DCB5216B-D0AE-4356-8B52-62A6063945C5.jpeg

Hows that ?they were only small sheets ,not the big ones , and how can i have done it wrong , a monkey could do what I've done!
..now ypu tell me how this is wrong?

View attachment 24255

Because theres only 1 size of Silent Coat mat (375x265). And you've used what looks to be about 10 sheets when theres 40 in a 'box'.

Is it possible that you bougtht one of the door liner packs with only 8 sheets in? Silent Coat 2mm Mat Door Pack

I think they are designed to do maybe a pair of car doors.

When you said you had used 2 full boxes I imagined you had completely filled the void with silentcoat and added about 20Kg to the rear panel!

Back