Sound deadening (Dodo but cheaper ?)

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all.

Looking to order some sound deadening, most popular seems to be dodo mat.

I've found this on ebay. Seems to be the same stuff, but 40% cheaper. £53 for 60 sheets.

Any thoughts? Also how many sheets do I need.

I have wondered about cheaper options myself but what if- for example the adhesive is not as good and it comes off when the van gets hot- as it’s then quite a major job to re do it I personally wouldn’t risk it.

Reactions: DXX
I have wondered about cheaper options myself but what if- for example the adhesive is not as good and it comes off when the van gets hot- as it’s then quite a major job to re do it I personally wouldn’t risk it.
Would using a heat gun when applying help ? I have a heat gun brand new in a box from many years.. might be worth me breaking it out

I used mute mat and it was perfect to deaden all panels I used it on. Dodo you are just paying for the name imo.

Years ago in audio installs I even used cheap butyl rolls from wickes - no smell, no coming off, and the doors of my MR2 sounded like a rolls Royce - totally deadened the panels.

Its always best to install on clean, warm panels. I did mine in the summer when I bought my van so just used a roller on the panels, but you can just heat it up and get it warm with a hair dryer to make it stick better.

you wont know its come off cos hopefully you will have hidden it behind insulation and a panel :)

Back