SoLow and 20’s

ellyp81

T6 Pro
Hi all

Probably for the thousandth time on the forum I’m after some advice and pictures if possible.
I have a suspected broken spring on the front of my t6 which I’m having checked tomorrow. I’m looking at replacing the current coilovers (vmaxx) with the popular solow coils. I run 20 inch wheels with a 35 tyre. Can you please share advice and pictures of the drop and ride quality
Thanks

Lol was just about to message you as i remembered you having them fitted before the air. Did you have them wound fully down? Your running 20’s correct?
Yes mate, all the way down on the rear I’d say half way on the front , 255/35/20 fronts 275/35/20 rears no issues, more comfortable than any van I’d been in and everyone who had different suspension always said they’d wished they’d gone solows after they’d been in my van .

Yes mate, all the way down on the rear I’d say half way on the front , 255/35/20 fronts 275/35/20 rears no issues, more comfortable than any van I’d been in and everyone who had different suspension always said they’d wished they’d gone solows after they’d been in my van .
This is all great in for mate thanks. Was half way on the front to stop rubbing?

This is all great in for mate thanks. Was half way on the front to stop rubbing?
No it just sat how I wanted it to at the time , I did wind it down to the bottom before I went air, after I’d changed my tyre size for air again no issues.

T5.1 but same hardware as T6, running SoLows more or less at full height. Beautiful smooth ride quality. I'm running 20X9 ET42 255/40 with 15mm spacers on the rear. I did find the rear springs a little soft when the camper is fully loaded so I've used a set of Eibach Low's rear springs with no adjuster and it's spot on. My 255/40 are Rainsport 5's are probably a little bigger than other brands in that size.
van_27022023_2.jpg

T5.1 but same hardware as T6, running SoLows more or less at full height. Beautiful smooth ride quality. I'm running 20X9 ET42 255/40 with 15mm spacers on the rear. I did find the rear springs a little soft when the camper is fully loaded so I've used a set of Eibach Low's rear springs with no adjuster and it's spot on. My 255/40 are Rainsport 5's are probably a little bigger than other brands in that size.
View attachment 202459
Lovely looking van mate, and thanks. Its gone into today to check the issue and I'll look at my options. But if its what i suspect then I'm getting SoLows haha

Solows not all the way down, machined top mounts and hub mod. 225/40/20 tyres and it rides like an absolute dream. 1000x better than when I had Stance+ with 235/50/18 on amarok steels!

Screenshot_20230615_103856_Gallery.jpg

Solows not all the way down, machined top mounts and hub mod. 225/40/20 tyres and it rides like an absolute dream. 1000x better than when I had Stance+ with 235/50/18 on amarok steels!

View attachment 202463
Interesting that you have machined top mounts and hub mod, do you find that better than winding the SoLows down more ? Did you have any drive shaft issues ?

Interesting that you have machined top mounts and hub mod, do you find that better than winding the SoLows down more ? Did you have any drive shaft issues ?
No driveshaft issues at all. Not sure if its a better way, but i think its better this way than dropping the coilovers right down! Drives superb as is. It's mindblowing how good it is, considering how low it is and the tyre size!

Just jumping on this as about to fit my solow's, have you all fitted these in conjunction with adjustable polybushes? I've got non-adjustable polybushes on the front already, just wondering if i need to swap the front and sort the rears out with adjustable versions? Im probably going to run the fronts on the highest setting till I've been to a few campsites and see if i get stuck lol

You won't need adjustable rear bushes especially if you will be running them high. Mine were 3/4 of the way down and even though when i had alignment done they could not get them in them green my rear tyres wore perfectly evenly.

Just jumping on this as about to fit my solow's, have you all fitted these in conjunction with adjustable polybushes? I've got non-adjustable polybushes on the front already, just wondering if i need to swap the front and sort the rears out with adjustable versions? Im probably going to run the fronts on the highest setting till I've been to a few campsites and see if i get stuck lol
Same here, no poly bushes, a mate of mine had them fitted to his , it made his tyres rub where he had no chaffing before they were fit .

So mine have been fitted. Wound right down. First impressions were wow in the ride quality even wound down. I do have rubbing on the inner arches. I just folded up the arch bracket for now. Any other recommendations on tweaking it would be great

Tyres on the front are currently 20/35/255 will look at maybe changing these to 20/35/235 if poss

So mine have been fitted. Wound right down. First impressions were wow in the ride quality even wound down. I do have rubbing on the inner arches. I just folded up the arch bracket for now. Any other recommendations on tweaking it would be great
If you're wound right down on original SoLows you'll need to cut the bumpstop tubes and probably relocate the brake cable on rear swing arm. Post a picture of it !

Tyres on the front are currently 20/35/255 will look at maybe changing these to 20/35/235 if poss
I’ve just changed my tyres back to 275 rear 255 fronts, there was way too much stretch with 255 rear 235 fronts plus I only hit two pot holes and both chipped a wheel due to the lack of tyre , they were like rubber bands . It’ll only be the plastic liner it’s rubbing , it’ll either rub through or you can get a heat gun and warm it up to push it out of the way, you’ll see where your chaffage is if you jack it up .

Back