Solar Panels fitted to Reimo Active Rails?

Chromedome

Has anyone done the above and fitted a rigid solar panel to their Reimo active rails? I’d love to see how you went about it. Both in terms of mounting and cable run. Cheers in advance!

I'm not sure of the advantage of adding to the rails.
Here's a 250w solar and reimo active rails ( sorry not the clearest picture)
We have since fitted the same with underside junction box and is also the same on roof with rear scissor hinge.

Screenshot_20230720_071411_Facebook.jpg

I have Activ rails with an adhesive panel in between. If I were mounting a panel or anything else permanently on the rails I would make a fairing for the leading and trailing edges to reduce the drag (MPG) and reduce the wind noise.

No takers on the solar? Has anyone fitted any low profile bars to these rails?
Yes, I already had the low profile Thule bars, i just changed the foot attachment sits about 90mm, if you have access to ss flat bar, it's an easy fix, buy the feet and drill the holes, im thinking of getting mine coated in something rubbery to protect the paintwork.
I have the flexi solar panel as I prefer the flush mounting

20230720_184520.jpg

20220226_112858.jpg

Yes, I already had the low profile Thule bars, i just changed the foot attachment sits about 90mm, if you have access to ss flat bar, it's an easy fix, buy the feet and drill the holes, im thinking of getting mine coated in something rubbery to protect the paintwork.
I have the flexi solar panel as I prefer the flush mounting

View attachment 206516

View attachment 206517
Thats great info, appreciate the pics too mate. Are your active rails black too? Mine stick out like a sore thumb being silver on a black roof!

You mentioned that you changed the foot pack on your bars to suit the rails, can I ask what you changed them to?
I had to search for this big time when I needed them, anyways check pic these then connect to your foot then you will need the plates to go into your Reimo track, if you got access to ss flat bar, measure and drill to suit this adaptor, with I think 6mm Allen bolts I moaned at the supplier as he didn't say anything why It was a seperate order. Should be a joint order.

Screenshot_20230720_220130_Gmail.jpg

Back