Solar Panel Wiring To Under Passenger Seat

8o8

Im just starting to plan out how i want to fit a solar panel to my van. I have a SCA194 poptop which im looking to fit a 160W solar panel to, and understand ill have to drill a hole in the roof for the cable which is fine. My problem is, i want to feed the cables from this to under the passenger seat where i will fit an isolator and charge controller, before connecting up to my leisure battery which is under the driver seat. The van has been professionally fitted by Jobl design and has the full conversion done, so i dont want to be drilling holes in the cabinets or taking it all apart to route some cable. So basically i would like to know if anyone has any idea about running the solar cables to the passenger seat? Can these be fed through the wiring loom for the tailgate electrics? Is it best to find a way to drop the cables down under the van and up through the floor to the seat?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Bob

Hi @8o8 ,we don't have a pop top but our cables for the solar panel come through the roof,across to the passenger side and then along the wiring loom that runs right along the roof to the front of the van. I can't remember if we went down the A pillar or the B pillar to our battery and controller which are under the passenger seat also but we definitely went from the tailgate to the A pillar with the wiring for the reversing camera so i know that if you want to,you can get all the way from back to front if the B pillar is no good,hope this helps

Back