Soft-close retrofit issue

Stannards

VCDS Hi everyone im after some advice. I've just finished fitting my power tailgate and soft close latch. The tailgate works fine and the power latch works to open the door but it wont pull the door closed. I've now managed to get hold of a ros-tech code reader and it lits a problem with both the control modules coding. Is this something I can with the code reader or do i need to take it to an expert In vcd ?BE42D2C0-991C-4016-9839-AA53E8BD4F13.jpeg

There is no module to code for soft close. What is the address of the module you’ve posted above? Do you have a full scan?

Hi Deaky I think this is the right scan. Thanks

Attachments

• Log-S1DBS-WV1ZZZ7HZJH026571-54960km-34150mi.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 47
Looks like the module 6D-Trunk electronics is missing from Gateway Installation List - thus status "Not registered".
Under 19-Gateway you should find listing similar to one below - tick "6D" and Save coding.

Then, you have also an really interesting one - 33-Flux Capacitor listed, which shouldn't even exist on your Gateway. Do you think you could disconnect starter battery for 10 minutes and then scan again - to see if the "33" disappears.
1600009926615.png

33 has to be a piss take surely !!!
Looks like you also have a flat battery, may want to get it on charge as low volts can cause all sorts of problems

If you didnt put 33 there then its got to be a knock off lead or software ?

I disconnected the battery. I’ve Done a rescan 6D was already ticked. I’ve put the battery on charge and try again tomorrow. Thanks

Attachments

• Log-S1DBS2-WV1ZZZ7HZJH026571-54960km-34150mi.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: mmi
Unless you have an electric tailgate then 6d shouldn’t be ticked. Have you just fitted a soft close on your tailgate or a full on electric tailgate?

Ah I can see you have electric tailgate. You need to perform the basic setting routine in VCDS. This will clear the error.

Thank for all the advice. I’ve charged the battery. Done the basic settings routine all the errors have gone. But the soft close is still not pulling the door closed. When I open the tailgate from the drivers door switch. the soft close latch pushes the tailgate open so it’s working one way but not the other. If I disconnect the link wire from the soft close module to the tailgate lock the door is pulled close. When I reconnect it goes back. Any idea what the problem could be ? Thanks

If you manually close the latch (using a screwdriver) in the tailgate - does the soft close latch (in the threshold) pull in?

I don’t really notice the soft close operating on mine as the tailgate seems to slam shut rather than being pulled in by the soft close. Is your tailgate staying ajar?

Hi Deaky it doesn’t seem to close properly and I can smell exhaust fumes when I stop the van. I’ve adjusted the latch as far as it goes it seems to be sitting a bit proud. mmi I’ve tried a screwdriver in the latch on the Tailgate and it doesn’t move the latch on the threshold.

mmi I’ve tried a screwdriver in the latch on the Tailgate and it doesn’t move the latch on the threshold.
Hmmm... I have only soft close and I can run the threshold latch closed from the latch (by a screwdriver) on the tailgate. I'd like to think it should be just the same with fully electric tailgate?

I’ll check again tomorrow. It didn’t work when I tried It last week but as all the errors have gone now it might be different. Thanks again

Hi mmi I tried the screwdriver in the latch no movement. I’m going to have to check the wiring and see if I can find a fault.

Reactions: mmi
Back