So many more Colour Ways in mainland Europe, WHY??

chriscroft

15 years of VW T 'ing
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Two-tone paint finishes < Models < Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles
Calis; Vels; Multivans & Kombis, all get sooooo many more Colour Ways than we do, WHY???
I understand that for low volume runs, where there are significant engineering costs; and technical support issues the LHD market sometimes misses out (such as the Caddy 4-Motion, available in mainland Europe, but not in the UK, all the costs of a LHD design,develpoment on a vehicle which would end up so expensive may only sell revery small volumes.
But bloody paint options on a T6??????, really????
I always feel that VW UK Commercial go out there way to piss the UK market of. The boys in Germany, get it all sorted then VW UK holds it back from us, WHY?
I understand that you might keep a few things back for the second part of a products life span, to freshen things up towards the end; but if the bloody Europeans can have it now, why Can't we.
When the T6 Vel Gen 6 was launched in the UK, it was only White/Red. Yet Europe got White/Green; White/Beige; Silver/Blue; etc etc
I would blame the Europeans, but I think it is VW UK that hold it all back; bloody f***ing Bas*ards.

Rant over,,,, that feels really good.;)

I agree entirely and hate the fact we don't get all the options, eg Pan Americana/Multivan etc etc
The impression I get though lately is that VW UK are not actually VW, they are the British importer of VW vehicles and products and nothing more and I'm not actually sure they have the authority to make decisions like this it seems Germany rules and probably tells them what we are getting/allowed and that's that, when shit goes wrong and there's problems it seems to 'go back to factory' techs and engineers for advice/decisions

The Caddy 4 Motion was available in the UK in the last model just not the latest version.

do you think that was due to low sales of the previous 4mo model, and hence it is not worth engineering the new model with 4motion for LHD?

I agree entirely and hate the fact we don't get all the options, eg Pan Americana/Multivan etc etc
The impression I get though lately is that VW UK are not actually VW, they are the British importer of VW vehicles and products and nothing more and I'm not actually sure they have the authority to make decisions like this it seems Germany rules and probably tells them what we are getting/allowed and that's that, when shit goes wrong and there's problems it seems to 'go back to factory' techs and engineers for advice/decisions
As I understand it, VW Germany do all the work, but for local Market knowledge/customer service/support, i.e. what will sell; completion; price point; local market conditions; profit margins etc etc comes down to VW UK, and hence they get to choose which models, trims, engines (no petrol for UK at this moment) etc etc etc will sell in the UK to maximise margins.
And VW UK for some reason think we are not deserving of proper choice. I have delt with them personally over warrantee issues, and I have to say they do not give a sh1t about reasonable customer service. It may come from the top in Germany, this arrogance but every time they try it on in the USA they get really spanked by much tougher custom protection legislation, and class/group actions.
They need to eat some serious humble pie, and start valuing their customers properly............but I am not holding my breath:mad::oops::thumbsdown:

Back