smoke from oil filler

Carver1356

Advice please..I have just bought a 2016 T6 panel van with full history with 50 k on the clock for work but also weekend use etc...I was messing about yesterday and i noticed smoke coming from the oil filler cap and the dip stick...I've tried searching for answers etc but cant find much.My mechanic has said it could be the copper washers in the injectors ??(think thats how he described it) . Anyone else have this issue?
the van is under warranty butI would like some information before broaching the subject with the dealer.
thanks in advance.

Definitely smoke ?
Was the engine fully warmed up when this happened ?
Pete

Was it pushing out ? Its normal to see a bit if vapour come out if you manually open the filler cap while the engines hot

To get smoke something has to be burning, to exit the engine something has to be under pressure, either of these would indicate a semi serious fault.

If its defo smoke coming out under normal conditions i would get it straight back to the dealer

The engine/crankcase should be under a slight vacuum to help reduce oil seepage past seals etc.

but as above oil/air vapour will be present if you removed the filler cap after a run. (thats normal)

but smoke, when the cap it on, is not normal.

can you get it on video or take some pics for us to see.?

pressure build up in the crankcase would normally pop-out the yellow dipstick from its sealing ring. (that happening?)

Back