Sliding rock and roll bed options

Tom Bolton

Hi,

I've got a 5 seat lwb combi and I want to change the rear seats for a rock and roll bed. I don't have windows in the rear panels, only on the sliding door/middle section so it wouldn't be idea having the seat in the very back plus it would be a pain with the kids being so far away when we are driving.

I want a crash tested rock and roll bed. Ideally a 3 seater but not full width. I've found a couple of places that do them but to have it on a sliding rail system seems to pretty much double the price!!

Can anyone recommend anything or anyone? Or are there any alternatives? I think you can install the vw rails but not sure what type of seats would then be available if I was to do it anyway.

Also it's a lhd, not sure if that makes a difference.

If anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate it!

Cheers!

I think if I wasn't planning on a Kombi Slidepod, and wanted a 3/4 rock and roll bed, I would be looking at SmartBeds Evolution2, or if I wanted a much cheaper option, I would look at JAC.
I think the guys at Uberbus have been looking at SmartBeds Evolution2 on rails

Last edited:
Cambee do a sliding rnr. Not sure if they're good or bad but am considering them when I get my van.

@Zave , I like the cambee website, very good and informative, thinking of using their kit myself.. Spoke to them when I first found my van and found them good.

We generally opt to fit the genuine caravelle rails and seat but we can also fit the Rib Flux aswell :thumbsup:

@Zave, if you go for a rnr with seat belts, make sure it's crash tested to minimum m1, and you get all original certificates. It is also essential to look at getting it fitted by a pro like cambee and the guys who do them as again you need the certificate for the fitting of it for your insurance. In any case enjoy the process, and don't rush, as there's a lot out there.. Some good and some just want your money! :whistle::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ah that much I see. I know rock & roll sliding ribs don't come cheap so I presume the caravel seat & rails are dearer. Maybe I should keep the one from my Cali if I sell it :)

you will be looking at about #2.5k for a set of x2 front captains and a rear triple caravelle seats then another 2/2.5k to supplu and fit the rails with a new professional rear floor and new steps etc.

Especially when you can trade in all your seats against that amount for a tidy saving.

As someone has mentioned, Uberbus for a RIB seat to sliding rails.
Also, there is the Reimo beds to consider. The 3000 is on sliding rails.

Back