Sliding Doors On Both Sides

jondennis

Hi everyone....

Just sounding out you wise folks: is there any disadvantage of having sliding doors on both sides?

For me, it just seems like advantages but keen to hear others thoughts.....

Thanks

On what sort of van?
Panel van. - not preferable so you can fit racking
Kombi. - - preferable for easy access either side
Camper. - not preferable so you can fit kitchen
Velle - preferable for easy access either side

All would have different answers.

Last edited:
ok well my take on it would be:

Panel van. - not preferable so you can fit racking/toold
Kombi. - - preferable for easy access either side
Camper. - not preferable so you can fit kitchen etc
Velle - preferable for easy access either side

but downsides may be:
more things/parts to go wrong?
twin sliders possibly less secure?
more points for water intrusion?
costs more to build initially?

lets see what others have to say . . . . . . . . ?

If talking Kombi's,

A big plus is if you have small kids, I have a single slider, I have to climb into the van and reach right over to grab the seat belt for whoever is sat behind me, it's a right pain.

My mate has twin sliders, he can stick his awning and sun canopy on either side, so another plus.

On a slightly different page from you on twin sliders on a camper @Dellmassive .

Handy as a service door. Access to fresh and grey water tanks. Inverter locates in dead space behind the units. Cubby hole under the floor level where the step would be to store stuff. Opening the door is great when cooking or for just letting air flow through the van when it's hot. :thumbsup:

20181201_114139.jpg

20190421_125845.jpg

I had a kombi with single door and I'd definitely go for double if I bought another.

I have twin electric doors and they are a god send, especially with a new born baby, the ease of getting in/out of either side when in a tight space or when some belter parks to close is also a bonus.

I had a kombi with single door and I'd definitely go for double if I bought another.

I was given a brand new Caravelle (c/w the twin electrics & much more) as a loaner, while my 2nd Kombi was being built.... Now wish I never knew how the other half live :(

I too would also tick that box, if in the position again

On a slightly different page from you on twin sliders on a camper @Dellmassive .

Handy as a service door. Access to fresh and grey water tanks. Inverter locates in dead space behind the units. Cubby hole under the floor level where the step would be to store stuff. Opening the door is great when cooking or for just letting air flow through the van when it's hot. :thumbsup:

View attachment 50992

View attachment 50993
A good point, well made my man !!!

That looks like an awesome setup

Back