Sliding door won't open

FecTecH

Hi all,

I'm having no luck.

I've searched everywhere and asked on multiple forums/pages.

My left hand side sliding rear door just won't open.

I've been advised that it's most likely the actuator and I'm more than happy to have a go at replacing it myself but all signs point to the door needing to be open before any trim can be removed.

I can't open the door! The outside handle does nothing, the inside unlocks the door, but won't open the door.

My van is a 2016 t6 mulivan comfort.

Please tell me there is some neat trick to opening the door!

16117319406934566489168459873730.jpg

Could you not remove the row of seats and remove the panel?
The row of seats are not a problem, just can't seem to get any leverage on the panel while the door is shut. I've read I need to take the top trim off first, is this correct and if so is it just brute force?

If I remember correctly from when I worked at VW, the door panel is one piece and we used trim pliers that popped the clips open. Awkward on a side door. I`m not at home so cant check Elsawin to see how to unlatch the door ,sorry.
ps if you try and force the panel be careful as it is possible to rip it! Trim pliers are best unfortunately.

It might be that the outdoor handle is still pulling on the cable and that is preventing the inner handle from operating the latch.
I saw a youtube video that shows a guy pulling out the outer handle and releasing the cable from the handle that allows the cable to go in a bit more and that allows the inner handle to release the door.

If I remember correctly from when I worked at VW, the door panel is one piece and we used trim pliers that popped the clips open. Awkward on a side door. I`m not at home so cant check Elsawin to see how to unlatch the door ,sorry.
ps if you try and force the panel be careful as it is possible to rip it! Trim pliers are best unfortunately.
Thanks mate, I have trim pliers just can't seem to get them behind the trim with the door shut, I'll give it another go.

It might be that the outdoor handle is still pulling on the cable and that is preventing the inner handle from operating the latch.
I saw a youtube video that shows a guy pulling out the outer handle and releasing the cable from the handle that allows the cable to go in a bit more and that allows the inner handle to release the door.
Any chance you have a link bud? Sounds intriguing

This should help you see where and what

This is useful

I wonder if it is the cable for the rear release hook that has failed?
So, unlocking at the front of the door but not pulling the cable to release back edge and allow it to pop out before sliding.

I think you may have to sacrifice the door trim and pull it off.

1611953085457.png
Rear view of the trim, i'd start at lower front end and work up and back. You'll lose some clips i'm sure but easily available

Back