Sliding door not latching at rear

I have an issue with the sliding door on my Kombi. Tracked it down to the rear latching mechanism being corroded and sticking. The door slides shut but does not latch at the rear of the door. Does anyone have a parts diagram so I can get the part number and order a new one?

Probably much too late but have literally just had the same problem on my Camper. 1 month out of warranty with 9K on the clock, i.e. not a delivery van! VW offered to give me an appointment for 7 days time! What am I supposed to do with £50K worth of Camper in the meantime? But I did manage to elicit a replacement part only (not fitting) price of £228. I decided to take the latch out and have a look on the basis there was nothing to lose! After removing the inner panel and then the 2 XZN bolts I was able to remove the latch. There is an electric plug socket to disconnect along with the operating cable. Disconcertingly I could see nothing in the latch portion that was broken or disconnected, and whilst the "lion's share" of the mechanism seemed to be the electrical part, could see no reason for the latch not "latching". I reconnected the cable and electrical plug and re-inserted into the door and tested and miracle of miracles "all good". I removed some of the insulation from around the latch as that was the only reason I could come up with for it not working. 2 days on and still working fine so fingers crossed. Hope this helps someone else it is not a difficult job to undertake and even if you end up having to buy the part at least you won't get "bent over" for the fitting at a main dealers.

Back