Slidepods

I find it refreshing to know that your company had the foresight to ivest in a machine like that. The company I used to work for was shortsighted in that they started out outsource all the maching work when it was a lot cheaper to do itr in house No wonder our country is the way it is now. Stll find it amazing you can machine MDF with nearly the same tolerances that I can in metal. Next thing you will be doing is getting a 3D printer and that knocks my scocks off when I see what they make where I work.

Looks great @slidepods loving my van now it’s all quiet and lined Look forward to you getting up to speed on that bad boy machine to finish my van off , Dan

Me too. I think Brett fell in love with your van a little bit when ot was in our workshop. Cant wait for my T6 to turn up too so I can start trying out new designs on it. Until then I have to admit Im enjoying driving the Golf around ;)

I find it refreshing to know that your company had the foresight to ivest in a machine like that. The company I used to work for was shortsighted in that they started out outsource all the maching work when it was a lot cheaper to do itr in house No wonder our country is the way it is now. Stll find it amazing you can machine MDF with nearly the same tolerances that I can in metal. Next thing you will be doing is getting a 3D printer and that knocks my scocks off when I see what they make where I work.

First I have to learn to use this @Roadrunner . As a carpenter joiner by trade im a bit tool obsessed if I could think of a use for it I would buy a hundeggar saw (youtube it). I think that after 2 and a half years of non stop rapid expansion its time for us to spend some time enjoying the moment and making the most of our new surroundings and gear.

Well our long wait is finally over!!!! :):):)
We have finally placed the last piece of kit in our new workshop (but haven't yet given it a name Bertha springs to mind). Its a brand spanking new Axzy CNC. We have been cutting our slidepods on a CNC since the inception of our business and all of our birch ply panels etc however due to us out sourcing the CAD design and the cutting on the machine it meant that product development was expensive and took quite a long time to perfect. I am now learning the CAD software (reasonably quickly as well) and having our own machine means we will be able to refine designs literally on the same day we prototype them. It also means that we should be able to limit future price rises of our products (Since we sold the very first Slidepod in 2015 to present day there has only been a total increase on any of our pod models of around 5% and that is mostly down to the fact we completely stopped using off the shelf Poplar and Ilomba (mixed core) pre laminated ply from companys like Superva and started to use much better pure Poplar core ply (which is around 20% lighter again) that is specially pressed for each individual customer to order, enabling us to offer and almost unlimited colour and texture pallet whilst at the same time speeding up production (hard to believe but true).

Anyway I digress! here are some snaps of the newest member of our team.... Please give us some name suggestions and I will cut out the best one from a nice big piece of laminated ply and affix it to the wall behind the machine for ever more
(not Cutty McCutFace) ;)

View attachment 16687 View attachment 16688
Cutty Bark?

All set up to do a big "the beaver" sign today when the girls in the office said Im not allowed as it could be seen as offencieve. So more suggestions needed please.

I think it's more offensive how there minds work, those animals are a thing of beauty.

Subtle one here, musical theme; how about "Ceyoncé"?

Beyoncé = BNC
Ceyoncé = CNC

Perfectly happy to get my coat... ;)

Birch doctor :thumbsup:
All set up to do a big "the beaver" sign today when the girls in the office said Im not allowed as it could be seen as offencieve. So more suggestions needed please.

Tell the girls that you are the boss and that there is no such word as offencieve :thumbsup:

Surely as the CNC is going to be beavering away every day cutting all of the necessary panels then "The Beaver" is a most appropriate name. That is also the true justification for its name and, as has been said above, perhaps you might worry about the girls' minds :oops::eek:

For those that are interested this is the link to James's website......
Home

Please take a look as he is an amazing talent and I have no doubt in time his work will become extremely collectable. I for one am extremely proud (and lucky) to have a unique peice of his work in my house.
That is a phenomenal talent, absolutely incredible.

That is a phenomenal talent, absolutely incredible.
I know he is really modest about it too.

I am with you guys on the Beaver thing but the wife agrees with what seems to be the consensus of pretty much all the members of the fairer sex that I ask so........ It cant be the beaver. (or Francis McFanny Face before you go there :whistle:)
Anyway we need a name for it so.....

For those of you that are interested here is the very first cuts our new CNC machine made today.

Let the fun and games begin :mexican wave:

Back