Slidepods Kombi Pod

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Does anyone have the Slidepods Kombi pod? Looking for a solution for downstairs sleeping without having to invest in a rail/rnr bed system which I can't stretch to. Just wondered how comfy it is to sleep on and how easy (1 man job?) it is to remove completely when not camping etc.

I did look at the Exploria Kombi bed which looks great but I would still want to add a slidepod so their Kombi option would be the most logical way forward.

I would also want an SCA roof and lining which they do also so would be handy to get it done all at the one place.

Cheers

Does anyone have the Slidepods Kombi pod? Looking for a solution for downstairs sleeping without having to invest in a rail/rnr bed system which I can't stretch to. Just wondered how comfy it is to sleep on and how easy (1 man job?) it is to remove completely when not camping etc.

I did look at the Exploria Kombi bed which looks great but I would still want to add a slidepod so their Kombi option would be the most logical way forward.

I would also want an SCA roof and lining which they do also so would be handy to get it done all at the one place.

Cheers
Not sure if he has it yet or not, but@andythom188 is due to be getting one.

Woah, week after next! Can't wait to see the pictures of that one. How does the 'multipod' differ from the 'kombipod'? It's going to look awesome in the back of your kombi now that you've got the Caravelle floor runners and seating in.

Woah, week after next! Can't wait to see the pictures of that one. How does the 'multipod' differ from the 'kombipod'? It's going to look awesome in the back of your kombi now that you've got the Caravelle floor runners and seating in.
Was spose to be collecting week commencing the 10th but my m8 matty wanted a multipod for his customer so getting delivered together .
so bit later delivery date which I don't mind as the van is still in bits due to waiting for new caravelle floor rail covers coming from Germany as discontinued parts over here ( could only happen to me, buy second hand floor rails from a 2003 caravelle :mad: should of bought local & new .
Kombipod encorporates the rear bench as a bed once folded down bit like the exploria you have but it doesn't slide over the top of seat but to the end of it.
Multipod replaces the multiboard on caravelle and multivan think it can fit into the California beach aswell .
Stand alone unit that has a mattress topper that fits onto the triple seat bed .
Multipod can be removed and used in a awning think kombipod has this option aswell.

The memory foam mattresses we supply are really comfy. Far more comfy than most rock and roll beds! However if you are a bit of a "princess" and can feel a pea through a dozen pocket sprung mattresses you can specify the thickness of the mattresses to be increased. ;)

If you order one of our toppers and on collection are not 100% satisfied i will refund you and put the topper back into stock. Cant say fairer that that as there are over 20 variations we do.

If you order one of our toppers and on collection are not 100% satisfied i will refund you and put the topper back into stock. Cant say fairer that that as there are over 20 variations we do.
Sounds great @slidepods , def want to use you guys next year for a pod/lining/SCA roof, just saving up the pennies to make it happen :)

Hi, I had quite a bit of work done by slidepods earlier this year, along the lines of what you are thinking of and am really happy with the results and the way the van functions.

The van needed to be low maintenance and so was lined out with laminated ply and minimal carpet, which works and looks great.

With guidance from Jonny, the basic leisure and electrics pack was put in when lining out and this provides more than enough lights and chargers etc for our needs.

The kombi pod itself is a real head turner, the height is great for cooking out the back of the van and the table provides enough workspace, and it lights up like a Christmas tree at night time!

I thought the process of choosing a roof to be a real headache, but, again, taking advice from Jonny we went for the sca 192 for the lwb. This is a great roof. The kids love it, it is really comfortable and I think looks smart up and down. The price is the hard bit to swollow but as with most things you get what you pay for and this is no different. Again, only had three nights away but can't fault it yet.

The Mrs and I have different opinions on the kombi bed, I think it is fine, but she says it is not thick enough and can feel the ply boards beneath. Personal preference wins on this, in our case a mattress topper purchase and everything sweet.

All in all, the work done by the slidepods team was top notch, and we are really pleased with results after giving them a pretty unique spec.
I can't comment on how easy it is to take the pod out as I haven't bothered yet!

Hope this helps in your decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I had quite a bit of work done by slidepods earlier this year, along the lines of what you are thinking of and am really happy with the results and the way the van functions.

The van needed to be low maintenance and so was lined out with laminated ply and minimal carpet, which works and looks great.

With guidance from Jonny, the basic leisure and electrics pack was put in when lining out and this provides more than enough lights and chargers etc for our needs.

The kombi pod itself is a real head turner, the height is great for cooking out the back of the van and the table provides enough workspace, and it lights up like a Christmas tree at night time!

I thought the process of choosing a roof to be a real headache, but, again, taking advice from Jonny we went for the sca 192 for the lwb. This is a great roof. The kids love it, it is really comfortable and I think looks smart up and down. The price is the hard bit to swollow but as with most things you get what you pay for and this is no different. Again, only had three nights away but can't fault it yet.

The Mrs and I have different opinions on the kombi bed, I think it is fine, but she says it is not thick enough and can feel the ply boards beneath. Personal preference wins on this, in our case a mattress topper purchase and everything sweet.

All in all, the work done by the slidepods team was top notch, and we are really pleased with results after giving them a pretty unique spec.
I can't comment on how easy it is to take the pod out as I haven't bothered yet!

Hope this helps in your decisions.

Thanks @TeamT thats really good to hear first hand feedback. I'd have to remove the pod for large parts of the year so I can throw my bike in the back, so would have to create some space in the shed for it!

Back