Slidepod Pics

Snakey76

Hi all

Took a trip down to Slidepods last week to have our kitchen pod and swivel seats fitted to our T6. Great people, company and product, the design and attention to detail is awesome.
Looked at some of their other work going on, clean electrical installations, pop up roofs and linings. Extremely impressive friendly professional company that I’d highly recommend to anyone.

Next mod is B14's then I think I'm there.......

slidepod1.jpg slidepod2.jpg

Mine is also down there for Seat coverings to leather,SCA Roof, full line out & insulation, R&R bed ,kitchen pod, heater & electrics should be collecting first week or so in May, seems weird not having a van around, but looking forward to getting it back

I saw it, Jonny was very happy to show off the work on it so far. The roof looked great as did the lining and electrics I saw. It'll be worth the wait ;-) Post some pics when you have it back.

Depends whether you have Barn Doors or Tailgate I guess, but there are complete tents with built in ground sheets and zipped doors that just drop over , look up “Packashack”, not expensive and simple to drop over.

I will never cook inside such a small space on any of the conversions of the traditional style VW campervans, so my reason is that I wanted a full width bed & slide out/ remove able cooking facilities plus I have a Cadac BBQ/ everything else to use normally.
But each to our own that to me is the beauty of these vans

Rain isn't really an issue (if you have a tailgate), but wind is.
Tailgate awning is the ideal way - I don't have one myself but struggle with using the hob if it's windy (even with a wind deflector).

But you'd still be using a gas appliance in a confined space...it doesn't matter if it's in the actual van or in a tented area. I can see the space advantages though.

I don't use the cooker inside my van for anything other than boiling water, rice, pasta, etc., everything else is done outside on the Cadac - no worries about using gas in a confined space (sensibly - window open, watch like a hawk, carbon monoxide detector, etc.) just personal preference and not wanting my "bedroom" to smell like a chip pan. Agree with @Veema that with the Slidepod you are still effectively cooking in the confines of the van and, with a tailgate awning or wind blowing the wrong way, potentially trapping just as many cooking smells in the van.- I wonder if you could rig a screen to hang in the tailgate opening to close the van off when using the Slidepod?

I don't use the cooker inside my van for anything other than boiling water, rice, pasta, etc., everything else is done outside on the Cadac - no worries about using gas in a confined space (sensibly - window open, watch like a hawk, carbon monoxide detector, etc.) just personal preference and not wanting my "bedroom" to smell like a chip pan. Agree with @Veema that with the Slidepod you are still effectively cooking in the confines of the van and, with a tailgate awning or wind blowing the wrong way, potentially trapping just as many cooking smells in the van.- I wonder if you could rig a screen to hang in the tailgate opening to close the van off when using the Slidepod?

I use my Cadac for the exact same reason and actually love cooking on it. I've literally just cooked a couple of amazing steaks from a local butcher, and I swear they taste better because they were done on the Cadac.

Living dangerous @DaveyB and @Tourershine !!!

Nah.
She'd never look on here at what I type.
According to my wife this place is just for middle aged blokes with too much money to spend on vans, trying to outdo each other.

I put her straight though.
I just come on here to drown out her moaning about me spending too much money on my 'van'

Nah.
She'd never look on here at what I type.
According to my wife this place is just for middle aged blokes with too much money to spend on vans, trying to outdo each other.

I put her straight though.
I just come on here to drown out her moaning about me spending too much money on my 'van'
...but Jo does occasional come on here so, if they ever get on a meet together, it might be a bit like a scene from Ghostbusters when they cross the streams!!

...but Jo does occasional come on here so, if they ever get on a meet together, it might be a bit like a scene from Ghostbusters when they cross the streams!!

If only you were a fly on my wall right now! Sat in the MH in France peeing myself with my wife asking what I'm laughing at.
My goodness I hope the streams never cross.

Back